Galatians 5: 6

For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts for anything, but only faith working through love.

Does love cause energy?

THANKS!

Without love there is nothing, literally. God is love, he created everything out of love. So, a short answer, maybe, yes.
Actually love causes everything to be, even energy.

The letter to the Galatians was written by Paul to address a dispute over the Christian’s obligation to follow Mosaic Law. Following the Mosaic Law included circumcision.

Jewish Christians were insisting that Gentile Christians had to adhere to dietary laws and become circumcised in order to be saved. The result was a divided Church and some teaching doctrines which Christ himself did not teach.

***I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting him who called you in the grace of Christ and turning to a different gospel – not that there is another gospel, but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ. *(Galatians 1:6-7)

Division in the Body of Christ and authentic teaching are the entire reasons for the letter.

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. (Galatians 3:28)

That’s the whole point - unity of will, unity of thought and orthodox teaching which does not presume to teach what Christ himself did not teach. Galatians has to be read and understood in this context.

-Tim-

Love makes faith work.

I am thinking that it is love the give faith the “energeo.”

I am thinking of my own energy to do the work that I love.

I am thinking of my perfect wife and lovely children.

They have energy for the things they love.

Personally, I would have said that it requires energy, but perhaps that is just me. :stuck_out_tongue:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.