Gallup: D.C., Hawaii Most Democratic, Utah Most Republican State in '11

PRINCETON, NJ – Hawaii shows the largest advantage for the Democratic Party over the Republican Party among U.S. states, along with the District of Columbia, in the first half of 2011. The most Republican state is Utah.
http://sas-origin.onstreammedia.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/njunmg4pwuq2i8pgjlrnww.gifhttp://sas-origin.onstreammedia.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/eswd9nypp0qit_nc21rtbw.gif

The results are based on interviews with more than 170,000 U.S. adults as part of Gallup Daily tracking from January through June, including 1,000 or more adults in 41 states. Each state’s data are weighted to be demographically representative of that state’s adult population.

gallup.com/poll/148949/Hawaii-Democratic-Utah-Republican-State.aspx?utm_source=alert&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=syndication&utm_content=morelink&utm_term=All%20Gallup%20Headlines

cool map at link

http://sas-origin.onstreammedia.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/qvrrpmkdi0onczgnocwgtw.gif

Who would want to live in Utah? That’s fly-over country. :wink:

And New Hampshire more Republican than TX?!? I thought I liked NH!!

Actually, out of the most Republican States NH is the only one I could tolerate living in.

I cannot believe that Mississippi is evenly split. That is one of the reddest states in the UNION. :confused:

Long history of being democratic if I’m not mistaken.

I agree. But NH is too isolated for me. I need to live in a state where there are more Catholics than Protestants, and in a city.

Georgia, where I live, surprises me. It has voted Republican for a while now. I thought it would be more “solidly” Republican.

OTOH, it DOES have a large Black/Minority population, which, of course, tends to lean Democratic, so maybe it is not so surprising after all.

Great poll. Thanks for posting it. :thumbsup::o

If you assume everybody will vote according to each party’s advantage, this doesn’t look too good for Republicans.

But i have to wonder about it just a little. My own state was a “red state” in the 2008 election, but only shows a 2% Republican advantage. I could be terribly wrong, but it sure looks to me like Claire McKaskill is going to get the tar beaten out of her if the Repubs field anything remotely like a viable candidate. She avoided Obama’s fundraiser in St. Louis recently, undoubtedly to avoid close identification with him, and dodged a previous visit by him, undoubtedly for the same reason, but I doubt it will do her any good because of her voting record.

Hard to figure what any of this really means.

Huh? New Hampshire? I went to Maine last March to attend a wedding. NH was covered with snow and they had to de-ice the plane in Manchester on the return trip before it could take off. :eek: When I reached St. Louis, it was 80 degrees. :)That’s the closest I have ever come to being tempted to sun worship.

I don’t mind the cold! I HATE hot and humid summers!!

NH is a beautiful state. My wife and I stayed at a bed and breaskfast there in autumn. It was quite nice.

I like 4 seasons. Just not like it is in the Minneapolis area. WAY too cold. :(:frowning:

At least you can wear hats and stuff when it’s cold. :wink:

I think it’s interesting how Catholic states vote Democrat and Protestant states vote Republican. Although I think it’s changing for Catholics. :slight_smile:

It think that Catholics need to get out of the tradition of voting democrat. JMHO.

I’m surprised mormons vote republican. :shrug:

But the funny thing is I’d rather live in a state that is more democrat just cause I like the states better. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah. When you go west of Buffalo, except for Chicago, you’re in the wilderness until you reach San Francisco. :smiley:

If Europe was on the Pacific side of North America, it would be very possible that the northeastern seaboard of America and Canada would still be populated by ostly First Nations. It is more an accident of geography that this was where the first colonies developed. It is a miserable climate out there.

Actually, it’s the other way around, Rich. :wink:

Oh, San Fransico does have it’s share of “wilderness”, I suppose. I’m an East Coast guy. I think I could do Portand or Seatle, but would feel out of place any further south.

I’m definitely not striking enough looking for LA. I’ve never been into fasion, myself. I just do clean and neat! :wink:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.