Gallup: Obama’s Approval Among Blacks Ties All-Time Low

President Barack Obama’s job approval tied its all-time low among black Americans last week, according to the Gallup poll.

When asked by Gallup in the week of Aug. 8-14 whether they approved of the way Obama was handling his job as president, a record-low 81 percent of blacks surveyed said that they did. Back in the week of Feb. 28-March 6, Obama’s approval among blacks also dropped to as low as 81 percent.

After that, Obama’s approval among black Americans had rebounded to as high as 91 percent in Gallup polling conducted the week of May 9-15 of this year.

As recently as the week of Jan. 10-16, Obama’s approval among blacks was at 94 percent in the Gallup poll.

President Obama’s highest ever weekly job approval among black Americans in Gallup polling was 96 percent, a level it reached in five different weeks of 2009, the last of which was the week of Aug. 3-9, 2009.

cnsnews.com/news/article/gallup-obama-s-approval-ties-all-time-lo

yes, but 81% still is a pretty high percentage. a record low to me for the black community would be closer to 40-50%. if it ever falls that low, obama will know for sure he is in trouble.

Love him or wanting a replacement, you have to admit that this administration has a real challenge facing it. The approval ratings among independents are very, very low. A newscast today put the approval rating among Democrats at only 51%, well within a margin of error that would put the president under 50% within his own party, if, of course, the polling is accurate.

What’s amazing is it’s still that high, when his general approval rating falls around the 45-to-50 percent range. Of course you can’t speculate on why this disparity exists without being thoroughly demonized so I’ll stop right there. :slight_smile:

I wonder if the situation of blacks as a group have improved in society under Obama?
If they are richer, more respected, have become employed, better social services and the like under his watch, then 85% support may be justified.
If they are worse off, this is often what happens when one’s support is based on skin tone rather than policy.

Support in the high 90’s dropping to low 80’s suggest that things aren’t any better for blacks as a group, and may well have become a tad bit worse even.

i wouldn’t think that the situation of blacks or african americans as a group has improved under obama just like it hasn’t for hispanics or whites - especially the middle class (in all groups.) however, i think they will still remain more loyal to him perhaps than those of other ethnic groups.
that is my opinion anyway.

NOT surpising.

Blacks are loyal, but not THAT loyal to Obama.

It tells you a lot when they told Maxine Waters at that famous town hall to not be afraid and “unleash” on him.

“Change,” indeed.

For the worse.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.