gambling addiction

Ive had enough of slot/poker machines as i keep losing money on them

ive been finding it hard to continue going to group meetings as i think whats the point if i still want to or enjoy playing the machines

but im sickened by them at this moment as ive lost more money today and feel its about time i gave it up

thank you for any prayers to help me stop or get help or to stop getting drawn into playing different and more machines

Loving God please give our brother the peace of living a life of practical kindness to others. Help him to live out the beatitudes in his life, in union with the Sacraments.
Please help him to love You above all, and to love others generously,
to find good healthy pursuits, and to live the life that You created him to live.

God bless you :slight_smile:

I encourage you to pray to Ven. Matt Talbot, the patron of addictions, and I will say a prayer for you as well. Prayer, and please, consider getting some professional help.

"ive been finding it hard to continue going to group meetings as i think whats the point if i still want to or enjoy playing the machines"

Can you avoid these group meetings?

Praying for you :)

Praying that you will be freed from this addiction.

I entrust you to the care of the Blessed Virgin Mary. I pray that you develop a very deep devotion to Our Lady and that you pray your rosary every day faithfully for the intention of breaking free from gambling.

Hail Mary...

Amen.

Angels and Saints, please join us in praying for Paul the Apostle, especially Our Lady.

thank you

Hail Mary full of grace
the Lord is with you
Blessed are you among women and
Blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus
Holy Mary Mother of God
Pray for us sinners now
and at the hour of our death
Amen

Paul the Apostle, I remember praying for you on another thread. I told you then that I wasn't going to give up on you and I say it again. Another poster mentioned Blessed Matt Talbot. Please pray for him to intercede for you with the Heavenly Father. I have asked that a petition prayer for you be placed at his shrine in Dublin. Please give him a try. Here is a website:

matttalbot.ie/index.htm

God bless you!

Thanks for the Website

i didnt know about Matt Talbot but now do after reading that site

i have lost spiritual interest since this gambling begun a year ago,i stopped praying and going to church and havnt had communion for some time now,and have given up going to confession while continuing with other sins

Thanks again and maybe i can have a bit of a spiritual renewal or boost again soon
and be less covetous of money as ive been for a while now

God bless

For Blessed Matt Talbot’s Help in the Presence of the Lord

Gentle Matt, I turn to you in Paul the Apostle’s present needs and ask for the help of your prayers. Trusting in you, I am confident your charitable and understanding heart will make his petitions your own. I believe that you are truly powerful in the presence of Divine Mercy. If it be for the glory of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, the honor of Mary, our Mother and Queen, and the deepening of Paul’s relationship with them, show that your goodness towards him, in his daily struggles, equals your influence with the Holy Spirit, who is hidden and at home in his Heart. Friend of pity, friend of power, hear, oh hear him, in this hour, gentle Matt, please pray for him. Amen.

Still praying...

Gentle Matt, I turn to you in Paul the Apostle’s present needs and ask for the help of your prayers. Trusting in you, I am confident your charitable and understanding heart will make his petitions your own. I believe that you are truly powerful in the presence of Divine Mercy. If it be for the glory of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, the honor of Mary, our Mother and Queen, and the deepening of Paul’s relationship with them, show that your goodness towards him, in his daily struggles, equals your influence with the Holy Spirit, who is hidden and at home in his Heart. Friend of pity, friend of power, hear, oh hear him, in this hour, gentle Matt, please pray for him. Amen.

Still praying...

I am praying that God Bless you and your gambling addition

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,The Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women, and
Blessed is the Fruit of thy womb Jesus.
Holy Mary Mother of God,
Pray for us Sinners, now and at the our of death. Amen

Keep your head up, Believe Miracles do happen, God Bless you:)

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be
done, on earth as it is in heaven Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our
trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation
but deliver us from evil. Amen

Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with thee
blessed art thou among women and
blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus
Holy Mary mother of God pray for us
sinners now and at the hour of our death
Amen.

Glory Be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning is now ever shall be world without end
Amen

Praying hard for you to overcome this addiction.

God bless you all

I have cut down alot and have hardly been going to play lately,although i still feel the temptations.

But when i have the urge ,im saying no and resisting to go instead of rushing off to play ,lose money and feel terrible afterward when i lose,when i lose i feel like i want to die

Im sick of those feelings and not being at peace because of gambling

I hope i can continue to resist playing and keep saying no

God bless

Pray to the Blessed Mother, she will help you...Pray the Rosary it is a great weapon.

St. Maximilian Kolbe, Priest of God, intercede with Christ for mercy for all who are trapped in the bonds of any addiction. Devout servant of the Immaculate Mother of God, beg her to crush with her heel the demons of addiction that afflicts our brothers and sisters. Obtain for us the grace never to withhold our love and understanding, nor to fail in persevering prayer that the enslaving bonds of addiction may be broken and that full health and freedom may be restored to all for whom we pray. Amen.

Praying for you to continue saying "No"...

Gentle Matt, I turn to you in *Paul the Apostle’s * present needs and ask for the help of your prayers. Trusting in you, I am confident your charitable and understanding heart will make his petitions your own. I believe that you are truly powerful in the presence of Divine Mercy. If it be for the glory of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, the honor of Mary, our Mother and Queen, and the deepening of Paul’s relationship with them, show that your goodness towards him, in his daily struggles, equals your influence with the Holy Spirit, who is hidden and at home in his Heart. Friend of pity, friend of power, hear, oh hear him, in this hour, gentle Matt, please pray for him. Amen.

Hi all,

I have stumbled across this site as I was searching for answers. I am a lapsed cathlic and it is gambling as well as other things that have caused this.

I am in total despair with this problem, it has taken over my life and destroyed many years. I am at apoint where my future is still salvageable but a little part of my soul dies with everytime i gamble. I can only describe this as an illness in my brain as it takes over and I am helpless. I no longer have the faith I once did, I have asked and prayed to be guided with this to no avail. I have cursed God on many occasions out of frustration, heartache and sorrow,

I have asked jesus to show me some sign or to at least give me help towards rebuilding any faith I had. The whole god thing has become so distant to me and I feel very alone. I still wear a scapula and miraculous medal and wouldnt go a day without wearing them so I must have some faith in me somwhere.

Can someone please help me with this, what prayers to say and to whom.

All comments are greatly appreciated....

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.