GAMING: Super Smash Brothers Brawl (Wii) - Catholic BRAWL!

Alright, let me preface this thread by stating: I am a dork. :smiley:

I purchased Super Smash Brothers Brawl for the Nintendo Wii a while back, absolutely love it, and thought “hey, if I’m going to play people online, wouldn’t it be great to play against other Catholics instead of random people?”

So…are there any other Catholics out there who have played this game? Just curious. Maybe we could get a group going or something.

Maybe I have too much time on my hands… :smiley:

I love this game. My son has been a fan of SSB and SSBM, so SSBB was the natural progression. Other than bowling and some trivia on the Wii, this is the only thing I really play. Haven’t figured out the online code portion yet, even though it is on the wifi. Would be cool to play online, even though my skills are less than stellar. I just hit the “A” button a lot.

Brawl is awesome and this thread is ridiculous. :thumbsup:

I haven’t figured out the whole online thing yet, but I’d be up for some Brawl, sure.

Fear my pikmin.

Sam, the Neon Orange Knight

At the risk of derailing this thread, how is it you all even HAVE Wiis? I’ve been to every single store in a 50-mile radius of Memphis for the past 2 weeks and there isn’t a single one to be found. What’s the secret? Want to play SSB, but can’t as we’re Wii-less.

Catch WalMart at a weird time of day and you might see one.

lol! that’s what makes the game so great! :smiley:

I wish I could say I bought it for my kid…but she’s only 2.

The way the online thing works is that every copy of the game has its own “friend code” - which is kind of like a serial number. In order for friends to play each other, you have to enter that person’s “friend code” into your roster and they have to add yours in theirs.

If you go to the wi-fi menu in Brawl, select “with friends,” and then go to “friend roster.” This will display your “friend code” as well as allow you to enter other people’s codes.

Clear as mud? :thumbsup:

Well…I actually slept on the concrete pavement outside Best Buy on a cold November night when it was first released a year or so ago. :o My darling bride gives me grief about it, but it was actually kind of fun! :smiley:

Hi Mike,
I can ask my brother for his friend code. He wants to play other people besides his friends. My brother said he doesn’t like how Nintendo set up the friend code system, but he understands it’s for security reasons, but that it’s hard for him to find other people to play against.

My brother and a bunch of his friends got together for a SSBB party. He had not seen some of his friends for awhile, so it was like a reunion party as well. He came out as the champ so he’ll have to live up to his title.
I’ll ask him soon and either post the friend code here or PM it to you.

Wiis can still be hard to find. When we still had the pizzeria there was a Target nearby. My brother didn’t have the Wii yet. He went once in the afternoon and said that there were 3 Wiis that just arrived. Less than four/five hours later my mom and I went to check it out and they were all gone :eek:

Oh? I waited indoors at Wal-Mart and ate Subway while playing DS with Nintendo maniacs. :stuck_out_tongue: That was so great!! :smiley: I’m sorry you suffered, but it sound like you had some fun with it, eh? :thumbsup:

Anyway, keep this thing going! I’d definitely do this!

Anyone actually play someone online? My son and I finally set up the wifi last night, and we entered the online brawl mode, but we never got matched up with another user. Naturally, we entered the random match-up, since we are not connected to other friends yet, but still, no brawl.

Anyone have luck with this?

Just found this thread, and wanted to say there is another Brawl addict in your midst. :slight_smile: I love this game! The only issue I’m having is my daughter and I keep fighting over who gets to use the classic controller, LOL. I guess I need to pony up and get a 2nd one! I’ve tried other control methods, but the classic just feels right.

I love Brawl! I’m disappointed because, not to toot my own horn, but I was a decent Jigglypuff player in the Melee days :slight_smile: … but they really weakened her best move for Brawl! So now I’m kinda putzing around with other characters and I’m not that good (yet :wink: ).

My Brawl code is 1117-9953-4645 . Anyone wanna swap? I only have one Brawl buddy so I never get to play online.

Here’s my code, but I don’t get a chance to get on that often:
1805-1952-0497

How much did you get it? I saw it’s $47 at a deal site

dealstudio.com/searchdeals.php?deal_id=95987&ru=290

How do you think of it? can i get a cheaper one?

If you want it, you will have to pay ~$50. These types of games are pretty much fixed-priced for the first year of release. And since this is a big game, I don’t see it dropping in price anytime soon. It’s only been out a month or two now.

I will tell you, though, that this is the first Smash Bros. title that I have really been learning to play, and it is a blast.

My friend code is

4339-2205-7696

Anyone up for a brawl onnn…

Sunday, April 13 (2008) at 7:00PM Eastern time?

That would be…

Eastern: 7:00PM
Central: 6:00PM
Mountain: 5:00PM
Pacific: 4:00PM

That would be great! Make sure to give your friend code in a reply post if you plan on playing. :thumbsup:

(…or maybe no one will want to play :eek: )

:frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Or out in some rural area…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.