GAMING: What's on your wishlist?

For me there are an avalanche of awesome games coming out in the next 6 months. This year has had me following this wonderful formula:

Strong Aussie $ + Online stores = :slight_smile:

Anyway, these will be taking up some of my time:

Skyrim - I gave my wife a couple of months warning the other day. :smiley:
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - It’s been 10 long years but we’re finally here.
Arkham City - Arkham Assylum was just…awesome.
Mass Effect 3 - Need I say more.
Dark Souls - Sequel to the most punishing RPG (or game in general) I’ve played in years.

If my wife allows a few more…
Assassin’s Creed Revelations
Zelda: Skyward Sword

Skyrim and Deus Ex appear to be clear winners. Anyone here fork out the extra for the special editions?

Yay, a fellow fanboy! :smiley:

I’m so completely out of the loop when it comes to the HD twins, that I didn’t recognize 90% of the game titles the other posters mentioned. :o

I think a 3DS would be fun. I’ve never owned a handheld before. I can’t really justify the price tag at the moment (especially to my wife! :p)

Zelda: Skyward Sword is a given. I’m also somewhat partial to the Lego games. :o So Lego Pirates and Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7 are also on the list.

I’m also waiting for them to expand their “Nintendo Selects” line so I can grab some games I missed the first time around, especially Super Paper Mario.

The upcoming Kirby Wii game looks fun, too.

3DS is a great system…

Already released Games you may want on the 3DS if you get one(I own all of these):

1. The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS edition(obviously! possibly the best version of the best game ever made?)
  2. Dead Or Alive: Dimentions
  3. Lego Pirates Of the Carribean(very fun game on 3DS)
  4. Ridge Racer 3D
  5. Super Street Fighter 4 3D

Some would put SSF4 Higher than I would, but frankly, Dead Or Alive blows it out of the water on this occassion and I enjoyed Pirates 3DS more.

I think this is the most brutal fall gaming season ever. So many great titles are coming out.

• Witcher 2
  • Cursed Crusade
  • FIFA 12
  • Mass Effect 3
  • Skyrim
  • Assassin’s Creed Revelations
  • Battlefield 3
  • Bastion

When I think about how many hours I’ll want to play each of those games… it’s staggering.

Mass Effect 3 and Skyrim. Although I know it can’t possibly be as good as Morrowind from what I’ve heard of it, it looks like it won’t be as dumbed down as Oblivion. And the new leveling system is a brave move that I’m quite eager to see in action, even if I do love old school stats :cool:

If it has Morrowind’s depth and Oblivion’s combat, it’ll be the best ES game ever, IMHO.
The combat in Morrowind was choppy, and Oblivion automatically gets points for having no Cliff Racers. :smiley: I am so glad they’re only native to Morrowind.

Oh, I forgot to add “Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning” to my list. R.A. Salvatore + Todd McFarlane (creator of Spawn) + Ken Rolston (lead designer for Morrowind and Oblivion) = DO WANT

The only downside is that its being published by EA, and their marketing department needs an overhaul.

The website’s here, if anyone’s interested: ea.com/reckoning

SWTOR too… and I preordered as well.

I would also love a game based off of Doctor Who though.

There are some downloadable fairly good adventure games at the BBC’s website or there were. They may still have them up. The previous last games besides that based on the Doctor is one when CD- Roms were first becoming common.

The is MMO game called Doctor Who: Worlds in Time due to debut at the end of the year. It’s to be hoped it will be better than the recent Doctor Who DS and WII games which were flippin’ awful.Here’s a link to the BBC games below which got a lot better reception than those games:-

bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/theadventuregames

Unfortunately they all start the 10th Doctor only. I actually think Matt Smith’s Doctor is great but I’d like to see a few of the others once in a while. Although the first three would be difficult I understand as the actors who portrayed them are now dead.

ive heard that resident evil 4 will re-release to 360 on games on demand some time in fall. i never got the chance to play it before so im glad to finaly get the chance.

Well, I DID have some fun by using the construction set to create a “summon giant cliff racer” spell :stuck_out_tongue:

Okay, that’s just evil! EVIL! :stuck_out_tongue:

Yep,

Also my all time FAV Resident Evil is being re-released for it too… “Resident Evil: Code Veronica X”.

PONG!

I can check one off of my list. I finally bought Dead Space 2! I’m on Chapter 9 now and it rocks!!!

I “wish” I could beat freakin Mogenar on Metroid Prime 3 so I could see what the rest of the game is like… I felt confident when I started the file so I chose the hard difficulty even though this is my first run-through. That might have been a mistake.

Skyward Sword is the only thing I care about right now… I would be all over Skyrim, but I’ve had too much experience with Pokemon to want anything more to do with really immersive games.

Also, I just downloaded Team Fortress 2, so I guess I can see what all the buzz is about now.

1. Dark Souls
  2. Uncharted 3
  3. Skyrim

I think that’s it for this year for me.

BioShock: Infinite and new Half-Life (either Episode 3 or Half-Life 3 - they haven’t disclosed yet).

Not sure. I used to be an avid gamer but things have been changing of late. Maybe it’s growing up or something, I don’t know. I’ve even been finding Real Life and Work more and more interesting. :wink:

At any rate:
– definitely Crusader Kings 2,
– definitely Mass Effect 3,
– most probably King Arthur,
– probably Fallout 3 with all expansions (I need to repurchase it because of compatibility issues with the version I bought from the local distributor… lesson to stick with Steam),
– perhaps Fallout: New Vegas,
– possibly Tropico 4,
– contemplating Shogun 2.

Also thinking of a car racing game. Shouldn’t be too difficult, should have nice landscapes on the track (top priority). Possibly the most current Colin McRae (RIP) available when I get around to it.

The two I want the most are L.A. Noire (every time I’m at Target or Gamestop I always check how much it is, even if I’m not going to pick it up) and Mass Effect 3. I am such a big fan of the Mass Effect series and am so excited for the climax of the trilogy!

Madden 12
MW3
and…
that’s about it… :thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.