Gang Killed People For Their Fat: Peruvian Police

huffingtonpost.com/2009/11/20/gang-killed-people-for-th_n_364783.html

IMA, Peru — A gang in the remote Peruvian jungle has been killing people for their fat, police charged Thursday, draining it from their corpses and offering it on the black market for use in cosmetics. Medical experts expressed skepticism that a major market for fat might exist.

Three suspects have confessed to killing five people for their fat, said Col. Jorge Mejia, chief of Peru's anti-kidnapping police. He said the suspects, two of whom were arrested carrying bottles of liquid fat, told police it was worth $60,000 a gallon ($15,000 a liter).

well Peru is off my list as a tourist destination because I would be a prime target

Lol, Puzzleannie!

Me, too! I was going to say that they could quit killing because I will *give * them some, no charge!

Not that this is anyway a funny story. After all people were murdered and they left behind families to suffer the pain at their loss and have to live with the fact that their loved ones were murdered for rich peoples vanity. So don't get me wrong I do understand their suffering.
But i can just picture Charlton heston bursting into a up market beverly hills boutiqe screaming. "You're washing with people!.......... Peopleeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Soylent soap anyone? We have People injecting dead babies into their skin to look pretty for a few extra years. now we have innocent people being murdered or harvested for their body parts to be used in soap and face creams. I don't think We need to worry about the mayan calander thing. The world (mankind) is devouring its self.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.