Gangs of London viewers outside UK call for subtitles as they can't understand British accents

They could have a point.

1 Like

My wife has been to New York several times - on business. Loves the place. I’ve never been to the States, and would hate the cities (same for ours). It would have to be the wilderness for me, although I’m far too old to be a Mountain Man. Still…a few extra ripe cheese whizzy type thingies should see me OK. No grizz would dare come near.

2 Likes

Yeah, she’s got family in Nevada and Washington (state), it’s the only country I’ve been to where I’m glad to be home though.

I’ve noticed that people who grew up East of the Mississippi have a tendency to pronounce the word “else” as “eltse”. Not something I’ve made a big study of, but I grew up in west Texas and my husband and his family came from New York, I noticed it when we got married that everyone in his family and some friends from other Eastern states pronounced that “t”. No one I grew up ever did.

1 Like

Yes! I’ve heard it pronounced elste, too! I never tried to place it but I’ve lived on both sides of the river and hear it on occasion. Good catch!

Leave it out son, the British have the Doctor, they don’t need some plonkers in baggy sweatshirts.

1 Like

How about Battlestar Galactica?

Not bad, I’m just messing. If it comes to Trek I’d prefer TOS or DS9, I detest the rebooted movies which I just pretend never happened.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.