Gangsters as catholics

Do you believe people who are gangsters who call themselves catholics and go to the catholic church are still catholics? They say they are catholics but are they really catholics? They may say that they believe in Jesus but in their heart they reject him.

By the same token.

The actor Michael Caine is a agnostic and he was an anglican. I sometimes wonder if he will ever come christ?

celebatheists.com/?title=Michael_Caine

You know in the movie “Flawless” in when he first appears and he says that the bible is a load of rubbish?

Its sad,really.

I think they can go to Catholic churches to pray and maybe confess their sins if they have committed them, for as catholics I think they know God’s commandments as well as the church’s. They may partake of the Body and Blood of our Lord Jesus Christ if they believe that they are worthy, for as we usually say before the Communion rite in our Masses, " Lord, I am not worthy to receive You but only say the word and I shall be healed".

I always wonder about the rough looking typesshown on tv in prison that have a crucifix necklace or Our Lady of Guadalupe tatooed on them. :confused:

Hi. Yes Our Dear Lord welcomes all that know him and accept him in their hearts.

Jesus tells us; “I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.” (Lk 5:32).

I like the idea that the Church is like a hospital for the sick to be healed!

Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, Ora Pro Nobis Peccatoribus!

Mark

We can never know what is in other peoples’ hearts. I cannot assume that I am a better Catholic than anyone else, even if I were to spend all day on my knees praying, I’m still not worthy of the many graces I’ve been given.

It’s not my place to say whether someone has rejected Jesus in their heart. If they say they believe, then I have to believe them.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.