"Six organizations that perform or promote abortion received at least $967 million in federal funding in fiscal years 2002 through 2009, according to a new report from the Government Accountability Office.
The GAO report showed the following government funding:
– Advocates for Youth, $8.7 million.
– Guttmacher Institute, $12.7 million.
– International Planned Parenthood Federation, $3.9 million.
– Planned Parenthood Federation of America, $657.1 million.
– Population Council of the United States, $284.3 million.
– Sexuality Information and Education Council of the United States, $300,000.
The totals for Advocates for Youth, International Planned Parenthood, and the Sexuality Information and Education Council covered the years 2002-2009, while the totals for the other three were from 2002 to 2008."
Obviously, this can’t be blamed only on Obama, although as the article says:
"Rep. Chris Smith, R-N.J., said U.S. funding of “the abortion industry at home and abroad” has significantly increased since Obama’s election.
“When Obama shredded the Mexico City policy, he opened the floodgate of taxpayer funds to pro-abortion NGOs” such as the International Planned Parenthood Federation, Smith added at the June 16 news conference. “It is time for Americans and especially Congress to take a second look and defund” those organizations."
How can this be done, and why aren’t the Catholic Bishops screaming at the top of their lungs about this?