Gardasil Shows Why Government Health Care is Dangerous

Full commentary can be found here. Some excerpts from sources linked to in the commentary:

The EdgeMerck Researcher Admits: Gardasil Guards Against Almost Nothing

Indeed, [Dr. Diane Harper, the leading international developer of the HPV vaccines,] surprised her audience by stating that the incidence of cervical cancer in the U.S. is so low that “if we get the vaccine and continue PAP screening, we will not lower the rate of cervical cancer in the US.”
. . . .
She informed us that “with the use of Gardasil, there will be no decrease in cervical cancer until at least 70% of the population is vaccinated, and in that case, the decrease will be very minimal. The highest amount of minimal decrease will appear in 60 years.”
. . . .
Just as I began, in my own mind, to question ethics of mass vaccinations of prepubescent girls, Dr. Harper dropped another bombshell. “There have been no efficacy trials in girls under 15 years,” she told us.

Video of ABC Interview with Dr. Harper:

“The rate of serious adverse events [from HPV vaccines] is greater than the incidence rate of cervical cancer.”

Gardasil Researcher Speaks Out:

“The risks of serious adverse events including death reported after Gardasil use in (the JAMA article by CDC’s Dr. Barbara Slade) were 3.4/100,000 doses distributed. The rate of serious adverse events on par with the death rate of cervical cancer. Gardasil has been associated with at least as many serious adverse events as there are deaths from cervical cancer developing each year. Indeed, the risks of vaccination are underreported in Slade’s article, as they are based on a denominator of doses distributed from Merck’s warehouse. Up to a third of those doses may be in refrigerators waiting to be dispensed as the autumn onslaught of vaccine messages is sent home to parents the first day of school. Should the denominator in Dr. Slade’s work be adjusted to account for this, and then divided by three for the number of women who would receive all three doses, the incidence rate of serious adverse events increases up to five fold. How does a parent value that information,” said Harper.

How many times are drug companies going to be allowed to essentially experiment of women and girls before enough is enough?

– Mark L. Chance.

Until we as citizens stop buying their products and telling them why.

When I have posted warnings on this before, their are some that buy into it hook line and sinker. There is a deeper problem and these are just bandaids.

I began using natural medicines many years ago BECAUSE of what I felt to be an inordinate amount of greed and reckless pursuit of money at the expense of their clients.

My son was dx’d a year or so later withType 1 diabetes. Welcome to a life long dependance on purchasing life support for him from big pharma. I was able to see, yet annother dark and ugly side to their “business.” Am I grateful for insulin yes. Do I expect them to find a cure? NO. And honestly, I can see why they wouldn’t. There is MUCH more money to be made in life long TREATMENT of diabetes, but not much money to be made in actually making someone better … And fine, I can’t argue against numbers BUT HERE IS THE PART THAT MAKES ME MAD…

There are people that are working hard and TRULY do want to find a cure for not only diabetes, but cancer and many other debilitating diseases. They are not working with big pharma, but on their own … but any type of advancement, any type of breakthrough is IMMEDIATELY SQUELCHED, by many bullysh methods. Blackballing and discrediting the doctors and researchers, funding contradictory studies, and the FDA is in bed with them ready to pounce on ANY breakthrough. It breaks my heart to think of the children waiting everyday with hope. And to know that big pharma is even more vigilant, and has MUCH MORE POWER. It’s mission being that these children have NO chance, but instead will line the pockets of the pharmaceutical co. for the rest of their live’s.

FINE >>> DON"T LOOK FOR A CURE … BUT DON"T DEAD END THE ATTEMPTS OF ETHICAL PEOPLE HONESTLY WORKING TOWARDS A CURE!!!

I’m sorry … I HATE THEM. It is just sooooooooooooo wrong.:frowning:

TRUST ME … they don’t give a hoot about YOU.:mad: Only how much of their product thay can concvince you that you need.

People are skeptical of medical marijuana. Look beyond the propaganda, and see the truth. They do not want it legalized because it ACTUALLY WORKS. I suffered fronm severe unipolar depression. Since I started using marijuana, I have not had a single depressive episode. It has been almost 3 years. Could I take prozac. Yesm with sgnificantly more potential for side efeects, AND I REFUSE to give MORE MONEY to a BUSINESS that I HATE!!! I feel that is my right. If someone wants to waste their money, while I get mine for free. See, I don’t NEED them. All I need is a seed, some water, and the SUN!!

@#$% YOU Big pharma. Kiss my weed smoking butt.

I get a headache, I use an ice pack. Kiss my butt big pharma.

My kids get a fever. I let it ride … fevers are our friend. Kiss my butt big Pharma!!

Got the flu? Echinacea and goldenseal and Oscillo. Kiss my butt Big Pharma!!

Oh, baby you got an earache? Antibiotics? NO!! Garlic oil. Kiss my butt Big Pharma.

I WILL NOT give one more penny than I need to to those criminals.

Okay, I know this is a rant. But I really hate their business. The ONLY business I hate more is Planned Parenthood.

(sigh) … I hate when I do that.:o

The only “propaganda” I needed against marijuana was witnessing first-hand what people I knew acted like when they were high and the grip the addiction takes on them. NO THANKS!

I guess someone who grew up around of drunks could probably not comprehend the responsible use of alcohol. But that’s okay. This thread isn’t about the morality of marijuana, but there are a LOT of them going on if you want to talk about it. I was simply bringing it up as ONE example of the corruption of the pharmaceutical companies.:slight_smile:

On a side note. I don’t know what kind of people you ran with, but it doesn’t change the fact that marijuana is an effective way to treat my depression. The difference it has made in my life is immense. I don’t “get high” but I do get my life back and the opportunity to function in a healthy way.I can’t tell you what that means to my husband and children. Don’t know of it will treat your depression, but it treats mine and it keeps my conscience clear because I am not supporting a corrupt organization.

I have spoken to 4 Priests and a monk. They all agree in my situation that it’s medicinal use is legitimate and it is the law that is unjust. There was some question about how I got it, and it’s indirect supporting of drug cartels. Similar to the situation of the people that who take the chicken pox vax are indirectly supporting abortion because it is derived from the cells of an aborted fetus. But it is a moot point b/c I grow my own anyway. I attend a very traditional and orthodox parish. So, I will accept the counsel given me in the Confessional and out of it by my parish Priests and my spiritual director.

Anyway, did you have anything to say about the topic of the thread?

God bless.:slight_smile: (Oh, and I really like your siggie.)

What would you have those of us in chronic pain do? I don’t use pot, because it is illegal where I live, but I know from having been in places where it was legal in the past, it does stop my pain. Nothing else works, I’ve pretty much tried every drug on the market that I could afford.

What would you have us do, live in unending agony because some people can’t responsibly use something? Should we re-ban all alcohol, because some people can’t use it responsibly?

Given the facts recounted in the linked article, Gardisil Guards Against Almmost Nothing, I can’t fathom why any parent would force this on their children. Our society continues to experiment with young girls for the sake of sex.

Just a note here- The Church has already stated that using vaccines is a moral not immoral choice despite the fact that some were originally derived in part from fetal tissue. Please don’t use this as an argument to use illegal and dangerous drugs including marijuana instead of vaccines. The Church states in the Catechism that using illegal drugs is immoral. Now I understand that you spoke to serveral priests and in confession but how can you be forgiven in confession if you intend to go and engage in the activity again? Also, you are forgetting the long term brain damage that results from chronic marijuana use. Talk to anyone you who isn’t a user who knows people who have used for 15-20+ years. Their memory, intellect, reasoning ability, patience, etc are all shot. I have lost many friends from childhood to this supposed harmless drug. It has also been documented to cause depression, anxiety and other severe mental health problems after long term use by damaging the brain.
I am not saying that the world of medicine is perfect but you need to acknowledge these things as well.

So your suggestion to those with chronic pain that is not reduced by anything else is…?

Do you know how crazy you can get after being in chronic pain for 10-25years? Imagine every day of your life, you wake up, every bone in your body aches to its very core, every movement hurts, every step you take hurts, there is no stopping it. Nothing stops it, not praying, not pleading, nothing. I suppose a bullet would stop it, but that’s not really an answer is it? What do you tell us that have nothing in our life but unending agony?

As for Gardasil, why is this a bad sign of socialized medicine? A PRIVATE company made it and a PRIVATE company is what is trying to get everyone to take it, because they will profit from it.

I thought I heard on TV that they have come out with a SECOND cervical cancer vaccine for young girls.

One thing that stood out to me when I was reading the inserts to these vaccines, is that along with all the adverse reactions they say that “safety trials on the long term effects on the reproductive systems were not performed, even on animals.”

I dunno … I always thought the reproductive system was kind of important. At least the animals are safe.:rolleyes:

If some of the things that were claimed here were even remotely true, we would have thousands of dead girls after the vaccine, but we haven’t. Anytime anyone dies for any reason under a drug trial, makes that get listed in the studies, it means nothing. Those deaths could be car crashes for all we know.

Gardisil has now been given to hundreds of thousands of people, if not more, if there was even the slightest chance of it causing DEATH it would be streaming across the headlines everywhere. Everyone in my household has had it, most of my friends and there wasn’t a single complication in any of our social circles, spiraling out several times over.

I have heard of a few deaths, mostly girls passing out in the offices and many cases of Guillian Barre. Oh and some developed genital warts. Would you like me to link some for you?

And most of them probably had underlying health conditions. If they developed GW, they may have already had it. It’s a fairly common STD, people just don’t like to talk about it, for obvious reasons.

A flu shot almost killed me once, I had a severe reaction to it, should we stop all flu shots because I almost died from one?

No, we wouldn’t, and none of the sources linked to in the OP make anything approaching that ridiculous, strawman claim. Why not actually do the reading rather than just make stuff up?

– Mark L. Chance.

The post seemed to describe that the vaccine was more deadly than the cancer it prevented, so…I’m not sure exactly what I’m ‘making up’. So it either kills people or doesn’t, which is it?

So, IOW, despite there being several links to complete articles in the OP, you just opted to go with a false assumption based on a cursory reading.

– Mark L. Chance.

So the chance of death is really small then? Take your pick, there’s a chance of death from ANY shot. People’s bodies are weird, varied, anything can happen.

As I said earlier, I almost died from a flu shot. Should we ban all flu shots because I almost died once from one?

I’m actually in favor of legalizing marijuana, and I agree that it can be useful for medicinal purposes for some people, but I still wouldn’t touch the stuff myself. The point I was trying to make was that while there is a lot of exaggerated scaremongering going on regarding how bad marijuana is, it isn’t “harmless” either as some people argue.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.