Gave up looking for a verse

There’s a verse with words to the effect, ‘Christ’s crucifixion cleansed all creation.’
I remember the gist of it, with that phrasing, but have plumb forgotten where I read it. I searched for it for three days, with an exhaustive concordance. I gave up looking through all the 'all’s. Checked under ‘whole’ and it wasn’t there either.
Please help.

Don

Is it Colossians 1:20?

That’s close, I could have transliterated “…heavens…” for ‘all creation’ over the passage of time, in my mind. (could Paul have been writing in context of ‘First Heaven, Second Heaven’ etc?)
I suffer from PTSD, which can cause memory problems. I seem to have a good memory in some things, not so good in others.

Thank you,
Don

…no you didn’t! You came here, which is the right thing. The Spirit works in us to lead us to Jesus Christ.

there are things that stick in my mind and have taken literally years to resolve. There are questions bible scholars have that are much the same in difficulty or in some other way.

The lesson we all learn is to keep at it, seek help, stay in the Bible – and to thank God when we get an answer.

Try a word search at a Web site like this:

biblegateway.com/keyword/

Hi Don,

It also is possible that you could be thinking of the following passage from Romans 8:19-21:

“…for the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God…because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God” (KJV).

I don’t believe that verse as stated is in scripture. If tou search on crucifixion you do do not find it. Could the verse have used another word, like death or sacrifice instead of cricifixion?

This may be what you are looking for. It is from Hebrews.
11 And every priest stands daily at his service, offering repeatedly the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins. 12* But when Christ * had offered for all time a single sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God, 13 then to wait until his enemies should be made a stool for his feet. 14 For by a single offering he has perfected for all time those who are sanctified. 15 And the Holy Spirit also bears witness to us; for after saying, 16* “This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says the Lord: I will put my laws on their hearts, and write them on their minds,” 17 then he adds, “I will remember their sins and their misdeeds no more.” 18 Where there is forgiveness of these, there is no longer any offering for sin.

Thanks, Everybody -

Yes, I began checking alternate wordings in my …Exhaustive Concordance… but could not find the one verse. I had checked “whole” for ‘all’ and then began scanning all the entries for ‘all’, after the Gospels in the NT. I tired of the scanning and came here for help.

You have all been a good help. I am noting in a notebook each of your scripture referrals. I want to thank you so much, for helping me.

Don

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.