"Gay Affirming Therapy" Meets Faith

Have you seen this article in the Wall Street Journal that traces new developments that run against the corrosive trend in counseling labelled “gay affirming” therapy?

“We have to acknowledge," intones Judith Glassgold, who chaired the American Psychological Association’s task force on the issue, "that, for some people, religious identity is such an important part of their lives, it may transcend everything else.” Oh really? Are we finally acknowledging that gay men and women have a right to join “some people,” that is, people of faith? I’ll hold my breath on that announcement.

Anyways, it is good news but the writer of the article is so breathlessly PC you might bust out laughing to relieve the pressure of incredulity.

You can find it here:

payingattentiontothesky.com/2009/08/18/faith-and-sexual-identity/

dj

Okay. That was interesting. Build a set of psychological constructs around a deep pain that is a source of great shame. Use these constructs to reframe your view of yourself and the world around you.
Everything must pass through this new lens and anything that doesn’t is bad. Bad. I was bad once, but now I’m good but people really know I’m bad. Must stop the evil!!!

Welcome to the recipe for making a serial killer.

I was seeing a sort of fundamental discord: build the “I’m OK, You’re OK, We’re all OK if only these other people would let us marry and have healthy children.” construct. OH, ALL RIGHT, DAMNIT." We’ll allow this one exception, for THAT GUY who wants to live his life to honor Jesus Christ. So let’s try it again now, everyone repeat: “I’m OK, You’re OK, We’re all OK if only these other people would let us marry and have healthy children.” I can still hear him praying, could you move him into the corner, get him out of the way. Thanks…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.