'Gay' Catholic Mass to be televised

thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23394074-details/BBC%20to%20broadcast%20gay%20mass%20from%20San%20Francisco/article.do

Do you think Pope Ben will catch this on his T.V.?

That is outrageous. Is anyone going to complain about this?

I pray he does. I think it’s a blessing in disguise.

Is anyone going to STOP this?

They’re at the door. They’re coming after our sacraments…
check this out…
lifesite.net/ldn/2007/apr/07042605.html

And Our kids…

massresistance.org/media/video/brainwashing.html

That was probably one of the most balanced pieces of reporting -and from the BBC? Amazing!

About the BBC, a part of me wonders why the BBC would broadcast a gay Catholic mass in the United States of all places. Is their agenda to show - or should I say “spin” - to the Archbishop of Canterbury or any ticked off Anglican/Episcopalian that even the Roman Catholics are be accepting of the gay lifestyle?

Also…
worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=55413

The quotes below make me wonder if it can be called a Mass.

“The 50-minute Mass at the Most Holy Redeemer Catholic Church in the predominantly gay Castro district of the city will feature prayers and readings tailored for the gay community.”

Prayers and readings can be any kind of service. Are they the readings of the day or randomly chosen?

“The preacher will be James Alison - a homosexual British Catholic theologian and author of ‘Is it ethical to be Catholic? - Queer perspectives’”

The preacher? What about the priest?

It seems like they’re calling it a Mass to try and make it more acceptable.

It’s scandal, but it’s not a Mass. —KCT

I find this absolutely revolting! Why isn’t someone putting a stop to this?:confused: I hope the pope sees this one.

Readings tailored for the gay community hunh?

Meaning Leviticus 20? Esp. Verse 13?

Maybe 1 Tim. 1:9-10

or just the Story of Lot?

These would be the readings I see tailored to the gay community but thats just me.

Maybe they are praying these:
homepage.ntlworld.com/pharseas.world/chaplet.html

(i stole that link from Kansas City Catholic)

The prayer to St. Michael at the beginning will come back to haunt them.

Hello,

Their motto is: ‘Go and sin some more.’

That says it all.

:smiley: I thought you said “Go and sin no more.” I wondered what in the world? Then, I saw “some” and started cracking up.

ON THE NOSEY!!!

Maybe you could volunteer to be their liturgy coordinator? :smiley:

Did you (anyone) read the caption under the clown-picture? “Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence”??? hedonists.

Is anyone going to STOP this?

They’re at the door. They’re coming after our sacraments…
check this out…
lifesite.net/ldn/2007/apr/07042605.html

And Our kids…

massresistance.org/media/…inwashing.html

Wow is all I have to say. Is that school in the second website public? If so why in the world are they allowed to do this? And why are they talking about this with 2nd and 3rd graders? This could be psychologically messing up these children.

Unreal. I would love to hear the Jesuit priest’s argument for how “Being gay…is simply another gift from God”. That one must have come directly from the apostles:rolleyes:. Nice work.

This has to be one of the most outrageous things I have ever read. I just don’t get how this could be possible. As much as I love St. Ignatius, I have had nothing but disappointing experiences with the Jesuits. Let us pray for their conversion.

**Moderator Note: Updated article clarifying that it is a prayer service.

BBC says it will broadcast “gay Mass” originating from San Francisco parish

Full article…

what the bloody heck… what seems strange to me is how you can be proud of sin :frowning:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.