"Gay Catholic" Web Site -- "Gay friendly parishes"

Below is a list of parish who are “Gay-Friendly”

I believe this can be used to our advantage who want to stand up for the Church. I think each one of us should compose a letter and send it to each one of these parishes admonishing them for their support for an anti-Christ lifestyle.

catholiclesbians.org/pastoral/pastoral_orgs.html

Have any background on this group? Non-profit? Who funds them?

Fags and dykes that want to be Catholic and not do the work I’d guess.

[quote=David_Paul]Have any background on this group? Non-profit? Who funds them?
[/quote]

I don’t mean to be preachy, but that language is kinda vulger

1 Like

[quote=Jeffrey]Fags and dykes that want to be Catholic and not do the work I’d guess.
[/quote]

Obviously you know nothing whatsoever about this group, and have made a judgement that they are not faithful to the doctrines and moral teaching of the ?Church.

You might want to investigate and find out before you pass judgement; and then you might want to use some language that is perhaps more Christian.

Assuming for the moment that they may be making wrong moral choices, both our current pope and the last one have said forcefully that homosexuals are to be treated as any individual would - with respect. Respect, as those two popes have said, does not mean approval of an immoral lifestyle.

Your language betrays an attitude of anything but respect for them as human beings; and it further betrays a lack of understanding that as baptized individuals, they are members of the Body of Christ just as you are - and the fact that they may be sinners most likely puts them in the same category as you - also a sinner. Or by your post are we to presume that you are sin free? I seem to recall something is Scripture that says “let him who is without sin cast the first stone”. Perhaps you are unfamiliar with that passage?

George Soros funds “Catholics for a Free Choice”. Bet some of his money is behind this group too.

And I hazard a guess that one day when their “gay friendly” pastor resigns or retires, and an orthodox priest is reassigned in his place, their days of being a “gay friendly” parish will be over overnight. Just as what will be happening at St. Joan of Arc’s in Minneapolis very soon catholicparents.org/priestsleave.html :smiley:

Interestingly it seems very specific for lesbians rather than simply “gay friendly.” They claim to designate parishes that ‘welcome’ them but I don’t know what they mean by ‘welcome.’ Certainly anyone is welcome to attend mass and participate as appropriate.

The parishes in my state were two associated with local colleges, one “Paulist Center” and one parish. I’ll see if I can find out any more about them in this town.

Lisa N

From the CCL website:

What Fundamentalists REALLY Have to Fear from Us Explaining the homophobic and misogynist attitudes of the Roman church . . .

Catholic Lesbians, Visible, Vocal . . . “We are almost exclusively looking at God as a male image. And I believe there’s a very integral relationship between the use of the male image to represent God and the subjugation, oppression and victimization of women and womanhood. This suppression of women exists in all our structures: ecclesiastical, political, religious and social. But I am convinced that the religious and ecclesiastical will be the hardest and most painful institutions to confront. However, we have to confront our church or we can’t confront the other institutions and structures in our reality.”

Sample Liturgy #1. . .
All: And God loved what she had made
And God said, "It is good."
And God, knowing that all that is good is shared
held the earth tenderly in her arms . . .

feminazi + lesbian, what a combination

The Bible says that ‘lifestyle’ is wrong…that is enough for me. That in itsself makes it morally wrong. They cannot possibly be following God truthfully if they remain in that ‘lifestyle’.

I know enough about thier ‘group’ to know it is wrong. See above.

I respect them as a person…but not thier ‘lifestyle’. I refuse to accept the sin, as so many ppl seem to.

Pass judgement on me if you’d like…does that mean you are sin free? Are you not familiar with this Passage? --> let him who is without sin cast the first stone.

[quote=otm]Obviously you know nothing whatsoever about this group, and have made a judgement that they are not faithful to the doctrines and moral teaching of the ?Church.

You might want to investigate and find out before you pass judgement; and then you might want to use some language that is perhaps more Christian.

Assuming for the moment that they may be making wrong moral choices, both our current pope and the last one have said forcefully that homosexuals are to be treated as any individual would - with respect. Respect, as those two popes have said, does not mean approval of an immoral lifestyle.

Your language betrays an attitude of anything but respect for them as human beings; and it further betrays a lack of understanding that as baptized individuals, they are members of the Body of Christ just as you are - and the fact that they may be sinners most likely puts them in the same category as you - also a sinner. Or by your post are we to presume that you are sin free? I seem to recall something is Scripture that says “let him who is without sin cast the first stone”. Perhaps you are unfamiliar with that passage?
[/quote]

:rotfl:

[quote=abcdefg]feminazi + lesbian, what a combination
[/quote]

[quote=David_Paul]From the CCL website:…

“…I believe there’s a very integral relationship between the use of the male image to represent God and the subjugation, oppression and victimization of women and womanhood.”
[/quote]

I’m sorry, I think you misspelled “womyn”.

HTH,

-Marc

[quote=marcadam]I’m sorry, I think you misspelled “womyn”.

[/quote]

The patriarchal oppressor coming out in me I guess.

I’ve been wondering about this group for some time as I was looking for a mass time at a neighboring church and was shocked to see the Google listing St. Mark’s on the above website.

Sadly many Christians do not accept the authority of Sacred Scripture and/or the Magesterium, OR they are simply uninformed of the truth. Recent statements by our bishops, and especially the AZ Catholic Conference have simply stated that persons of all orientations should be respected but that marriage is between one man and one woman for the protection and safeguarding of the family, the nucleus of our society.

I think this will all be put into clear perspective as a Federal Marriage Ammendment takes root- this meaning the truth and unchangeable Catholic doctrine.

One would think their local bishop would be concerned with such a listing and also the Vatican. I have sent the info. to 2 bishops with my concerns on a brief one page letter.

Peace,

EEEK!!! Xavier is a catholic university in my home town Glad to know that I will need to investigate them further as my kids get to college age!

I feel a “hate crime” coming on. :stuck_out_tongue:

Gee, my state (Oklahoma) must be completely orthodox–not one parish is listed in the entire state. I guess the gays won’t be giving our Archbishop any awards for inclusivness.

[quote=David_Paul]George Soros funds “Catholics for a Free Choice”. Bet some of his money is behind this group too.
[/quote]

Interesting. He’s Jewish.

I live in Massachusetts and my brother (whom I love dearly but is a very liberal Catholic) goes to the Paulist Center in Boston (listed on said web site as “gay friendly”) - this is the same church that John Kerry attends whenever he’s in Boston. My brother drives about 40-45 min. every Sunday to go to this particular church.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.