Gay characters disappearing from broadcast TV

Gay characters disappearing from broadcast TV

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Gay people are becoming an endangered species on network television. A new report says a total of seven series on the five broadcast networks feature regular lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) characters this season, down from nine last season.
The number has dropped for the past three years, according to the annual “Where We Are on TV” study by the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation.

more…

Gosh, people have better taste in television than we thought! :slight_smile:

Gee, that’s too bad, but remember, we still have Ellen!

Yes but she doesn’t go around touting that she is a Lesbian! If you didn’t know it already you wouldn’t know it by watching her talk show!

Brenda V.

There’s always the Logo network.

See! This is what I was talking about in the thread “Banning Movies” on this board, when I said we need to change reality so the art that reflects it becomes more moral. It’s obvious that majority of Americans do not want gay marriage and don’t want it shoved down their throats, so the TV producers are using less and less of it in the media to reflect the reality of how we feel. Because that’s what we want from art, for it to reflect the truth we live. :thumbsup:

Now if we can get them to cut out the sex and near nudity. Why is it every tv show has to have a woman in her bra and panties or in a shower or having sex in it?

The only thing I can say to that is: :clapping: :amen: :bounce: :extrahappy: :tiphat:

I think that about covers it.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.