Gay couples without sexual contact

English is not my native language, I’m sorry for any misspellings.

I’ve heard of straight couples who never had sexual contact and if they did it was in the beginning of their relationship ships.

I believe that saint Joseph and Mary was married but never had sex.

What about gay couple, Man married to other man but they agreed that they will not have sexual activities, they are staying together because they love each other emotionally and that is it. What about this type of marriage, is it sinful?

God bless

No, because romantic and sexual attraction work together toward a marriage that will produce offspring.

A man cannot marry a man.

Gay-people can live togheter but live in celibacy, doing so, they do Gods will because homosexual people are called to a life in chastity.

PS: Your English is good, so don't worry.

Couldn’t that be a near occasion of sin?

Them being a couple isn’t sinful per se. Them attempting a sacrament (marriage) would be sinful.

It could, but it isn’t necessarily.

Contrary to what one might think, some of the most successful Catholic gays live with one or more other homosexual men as friends/roommates. They have companionship so they don't get lonely and they also keep each from straying and have someone to talk to who understands what they're going through.

First let me Thank each one of you for answering.

Secondly I disagree with most of the answers.

Thirdly, I believe that God wants me to use the love and care that I have for LGBT people and my LGBT friends especially to evangelize them and let them know that God and the Catholic church loves them and want the best for them, not like what the modern media and modern atheists trying to show them that the Catholic church is the number one anti-gay organization in the world.

When gay friends of me asked me what the Catholic church teaches about homosexuality, I told them that the church teaches that the feelings themselves are not sinful but the acts are indeed sinful, so, they thought that if two gay men/women live together but with no sex whatsoever, wouldn’t be sinful. I do not believe that is sinful, for example, country like France where same sex marriage is legal, two gay men who love each other and have these beautiful feelings of love for each other, but at the same time want to follow God and don’t break his rules, in society like France, two gay men marry each other but not have any sexual activities whatsoever, is GREAT!

I can’t accept that two gay men or women married each other under the state’s rules and decide that they don’t want to have any sex, is sinful. For the love of God, what is sinful in that?! Marriage, just because they married that is it is sinful. let’s say okay it is sinful, but it is not as sinful as them having sexual contact. and in case it is sinful in the eye of the church, I don’t believe it would be deadly sinful or something that will not allow them to eat from the host.

Thank you guys for the answer wether I agree or disagree with, but I’m going to tell them that they can live together but with no sex is fine (maybe it is still sin, but not deadly sin that will send them to hell ).

God bless

Of course in can, but there are so many different “close-to-sin” occasions that to avoid all we better stay in all the time in a room with nothing but a floor, for walls and a ceiling.

The possibility to sin is why we need to every day, at every moment, work with our inner to stay safe. That is something we are not born with. We learn by age, and thru failure, alas. Hence is why we must pray each day. We will fall, that is why we have confession, that is Gods grace, forgiving and loving. We will fall, and that is why we need to pray. But we can do more, and we can do better, that is why God did give us a Church who pray for us, as Our Blessed Virgin do, all the time.

Sin a tricky thing. Just when we think the tempetations peter out we find a new possibility to fall, yet again. Sin a choice, and what we choose is what we do. So to stay safe in a word full of sin we really need God. But I can assure all of you, two gay person who love God and want to do His will can safely live together, The love God give is strong enough, Gods love has no flaw, and that is all we need.

[quote="TheBreak, post:8, topic:327147"]

Secondly I disagree with most of the answers.

[/quote]

Just remember, your disagreement does not automatically make you right. As Catholics, we are called to be humble and recognize that the Church is guided by God, as such it then falls to us to accept Her teachings, because they are the teachings of God.

Thirdly, I believe that God wants me to use the love and care that I have for LGBT people and my LGBT friends especially to evangelize them and let them know that God and the Catholic church loves them and want the best for them, not like what the modern media and modern atheists trying to show them that the Catholic church is the number one anti-gay organization in the world.

This is true, we are called to love all people, regardless of sexual orientation or anything else. However, true love recognizes people for what they are, and hopes for what's best for them. The farce of gay "marriage" is intrinsically disordered because it rejects the purpose of human sexuality. If you truly love someone you want what's best for their soul, and as such should seek to guide them away from the immoral lifestyle associated with homosexual activity.

When gay friends of me asked me what the Catholic church teaches about homosexuality, I told them that the church teaches that the feelings themselves are not sinful but the acts are indeed sinful, so, they thought that if two gay men/women live together but with no sex whatsoever, wouldn't be sinful. I do not believe that is sinful, for example, country like France where same sex marriage is legal, two gay men who love each other and have these beautiful feelings of love for each other, but at the same time want to follow God and don't break his rules, in society like France, two gay men marry each other but not have any sexual activities whatsoever, is GREAT!

There is nothing beautiful about someone rejecting their natural state in favor of a false love; that being said, I know that there are homosexual couples who do care deeply for each other, at least on an earthly level, so I can understand what you mean by this. Such couple could, under very specific circumstances, live together. They should do so with the guidance of a priest, and should never seek to take on the appearance of marriage.

I can't accept that two gay men or women married each other under the state's rules and decide that they don't want to have any sex, is sinful. For the love of God, what is sinful in that?! Marriage, just because they married that is it is sinful. let's say okay it is sinful, but it is not as sinful as them having sexual contact. and in case it is sinful in the eye of the church, I don't believe it would be deadly sinful or something that will not allow them to eat from the host.

Your refusal to accept it in no way affects the objective reality of God's law. You are a Catholic, as such you recognize the guidance of the Holy Spirit in all the Church teaches. By refusing to accept the Church's teachings on this matter, you are essentially saying that you know better than God. That's not exactly a good position for a Catholic to take...

It is sinful because marriage serves a very distinct purpose in our lives. It is not a right, it is a vocation; and this vocation cannot be filled by two men, only by a man and a woman working together to produce life. This has been written about ad nauseum by basically every Catholic theologian since antiquity. Allowing them to "play house" and pretend they're married in no way changes the objective reality that is marriage; and attempting to do so (which engaging in the farce does) is objectively sinful, and detrimental to the souls of all involved.

Thank you guys for the answer wether I agree or disagree with, but I'm going to tell them that they can live together but with no sex is fine (maybe it is still sin, but not deadly sin that will send them to hell ).

God bless

They can share a house without being gravely sinful, but make no mistake, attempting to redefine marriage is absolutely, 100% a gravely sinful manner, and one which endangers the souls of all involved. False idealism on the matter will only hurt you in the long run. God is kind, and loving, and merciful; but he will not force himself on people, and those who chose to reject him in life will do so as well in death. The best thing you can do for your gay friends is to tell them to seek the guidance of a priest.

I hope this hasn't' come off as overly harsh, I am simply trying to emphasize the importance of the matter. God Bless.

Being a “couple” is not an option.

Anymore that my going out on a date with a woman other than my wife is an option. I am a married man and I cannot date another. And I cannot be form a couple with a woman even if I am not engaging in any other sexual sin.

Dating and being a couple is something regarding persons of the opposite sex who are free to marry.

Chaste and virtuous friendships with various persons (avoiding near occasions etc) is a different matter and one full of life.

Who said anything about dating?

couple≠marriage & couple≠dating

There have been plenty of cases of two males or two females being life partners.

Yes, sinful.

Human sexuality necessarily requires and is only ever manifested between a man and a woman. Sodomy or masturbation is not sex. Foreplay is sexual insomuch as it points or leads to actual sex: it is sexu-al because it is orientated to or culminates in sex. Only a man and a woman can have sex. The person who is, e.g., mastubating is never said to be having sex: if someone were to say that So-and-so was having sex, the natural question that would follow would be ‘with who?’ I.e. it requires two people: a man and a woman. Even today, despite unending attempts at an almost Orwellian reform of our speech about sex, people feel obliged to qualify so-called ‘gay sex.’ Moreover it still sounds silly to talk about ‘heterosexual sex’ or ‘straight sex’ as if it required qualification, which is a euphemism for ‘normal’ sex, which itself is still a redundant qualification because there’s only one situation we can point to and say without any qualification that sex is happening. That is when a man and a woman are in coitus without placing any impediment in the way of the natural result: no one could deny that that is always sex. All sexual immorality is a perversion of the actual nature of human sex or sexuality; it’s culpability rises with the wilfulness or deliberateness of the perversion. Of course, confusion is a manifestation of ignorance and can reduce culpability. Still, reason alone is capable of knowing what is and is not a natural or appropriate manifestation of our (human) sexual nature.

Any two people might live together in chastity, for whatever reason. Mother-son, two siblings, two widows. But only a man and a woman can marry, whether they are sexually active or not. Marriage requires sexual complementarity because it is of the essence of marriage.

Being a “couple” is not an option.

Anymore that my going out on a date with a woman other than my wife is an option. I am a married man and I cannot date another. And I cannot be form a couple with a woman even if I am not engaging in any other sexual sin.

Dating and being a couple is something regarding persons of the opposite sex who are free to marry.

Being “lifelong partners” or “partners” is not an option.

Chaste and virtuous friendships with various persons (avoiding near occasions etc) is a different matter and one full of life.

i’m pretty sure spousal abandonment qualifies as sinful.

I’m not talking about dating

How about duo?

What do you think I’m talking about?

Being “lifelong partners” or “partners” is not an option.

What do you think I’m talking about?

Define “lifelong partners” and “partners”

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.