Gay Curriculum Proposal Riles Elementary School Parents

Gay Curriculum Proposal Riles Elementary School Parents

foxnews.com/story/0,2933,521209,00.html?test=latestnews

The desire to add gay content to the school curriculum isn’t surprising in this area, however, the crass nature of the school board toward the parents is upsetting. It seems as if the school board has been hijacked by voters with children, which is sad. I leaves the parents little recourse to do anything but take the voting rights away from those other persons or leave. The curriculum in question is clearly going to be a wedge between students and teachers, and this alone should make it unacceptable. The fact that the lawyer insists that the program be compulsory and the parent not be able to opt their children out is extremely unsettling. Mixed with the nature of the subject, it seems as if the school board has determined that there is a need for compulsory re-education of the student body. This seems like a pretty difficult thing to prove… to prove that a five year old must learn about gay tolerance because they are somehow going to be a dangerous bigot otherwise…

I would recommend that other areas take steps to ensure that this cannot happen in their school district, and I recommend that this be taken seriously by someone in authority. It needs to be determine if the parents and/or teachers view the school board with ‘no confidence’ and if the board can be removed and replaced with a more parent friendly version.

How sad that this is where are public schools are going, ignore the rights and desires of the parents, because we don’t know how to raise our children. Our government seems to hate our children, first they instill laws that will allow parents to choose if they want to kill them or not and then they tell those parents that choose to not kill their children that they have no say in what the public schools will teach them.:mad:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.