"Gay Days" at Santa Rosa High

“Gay Days” at Santa Rosa High:

A glimpse into the brave new world of
sexual freedom in California schools.

By Scott Lively
lively@abidingtruth.com

I have long warned that the agenda of the gay movement for public education is to turn schools into recruiting centers for homosexual activism. As I saw last week with my own eyes, Santa Rosa High School is one place where this agenda has been fully implemented. I was privileged to be one of a panel of experts opposed to the gay agenda who had been allowed to make one 50-minute presentation during the first day of Diversity Week at the school. The Principal, Mr. Waxman, considered this single slot sufficient to provide balance in a week-long program that included more than 20 hours of pro-homosexual indoctrination of students. The requirement of balance had been imposed on the school by the school board following a parental revolt the prior year, when a single Day of Diversity at another local high school in the district failed to include any opponents of the homosexual political agenda.

This year, parents were better prepared, and on the first day of Diversity Week over a dozen of them went to school in the place of their teens. One group went immediately to the office of the new school superintendent to ask why the school had failed to provide balance as the parents had been promised. As it happened, the superintendent was the same person who had written the school board policy requiring balance, and he in turn called Mr. Waxman into his office to face the parents himself. Meanwhile, other parents fanned out across campus to find out just what had happened to turn their school into a hotbed of gay activism.

What they (and I) learned during the course of that day was astonishing, even to a veteran pro-family leader like myself. We discovered a comprehensive system for promoting homosexuality to the student population, complete with a taxpayer-funded staff facilitator and the approval of the administration.

The paid facilitator is a veteran gay activist named Jim Foster. Foster teaches what is called Peer Education at the school and also runs an off-campus community center called Positive Images where gay teens can mingle with older homosexuals. I met several members of Foster’s eight-person “Peer Education” class, each of whom was an outspoken, self-identified homosexual, bisexual or transgendered teen. Each member of Foster’s class receives the title of Peer Counselor, which appears to bestow upon its bearers a special status in the student peer group. One member of the class whom I interviewed told me that it was the Peer Education class which had designed and sponsored Diversity Week The young man seemed remarkably unimpressed that the school had turned over the entire campus for a full week to accommodate the social engineering projects of his small team of gay activists-in-training.

Gay activists they were, indeed. The week’s schedule included at least four sessions on “homophobia” (defined as any disagreement with the social objectives of the gay movement), and many additional hours devoted to gender issues, transexualism and other topics dear to gay activism. While prominent, homosexuality was not the only subject. Other sessions featured radical environmentalism, animal rights, veganism and reasons to hate America.

continue reading at: narth.com/docs/gaydays.html

I think this garbage is getting more and more common. There is an excellent book that documents all the kind of stuff like this that is going on and illustrates how much danger we’re actually in.

It’s called the Homosexual Agenda: Exposing the Principal Threat to Religious Freedom Today by Alan Sears and Greg Osten. ISBN # 080542698-1

[quote=yallguys]I think this garbage is getting more and more common. There is an excellent book that documents all the kind of stuff like this that is going on and illustrates how much danger we’re actually in.

It’s called the Homosexual Agenda: Exposing the Principal Threat to Religious Freedom Today by Alan Sears and Greg Osten. ISBN # 080542698-1

[/quote]

We could be in less danger if Christians in a democracy started acting like Christians in a democracy.

It was said that a teacher, Jim Foster, teaches a class of eight (8) in the Wonders of the Gay life ( my words). I cannot understand why a School would spend the money to teach a class of eight.

This whole thing is an anomaly. How the Principal would put his stamp of approval on such an activity that has nothing to do with the mission or objectives of a school is really disturbing.

[quote=Brad]We could be in less danger if Christians in a democracy started acting like Christians in a democracy.
[/quote]

I don’t want to even interpret your snide remark.

Please explain it yourself, okay?

Shocking and disgusting. Would they also have “Group Sex Day?” How about “Bestiality Day?” If anyone doubts there is an agenda being pushed, they are living in dreamland. Obviously a happy hunting ground is being established for the chicken hawks.

Lisa N

[quote=Lisa N]Shocking and disgusting. Would they also have “Group Sex Day?” How about “Bestiality Day?” If anyone doubts there is an agenda being pushed, they are living in dreamland. Obviously a happy hunting ground is being established for the chicken hawks.

Lisa N
[/quote]

Don’t think such things are not coming soon. Not that many years ago the notion of “gay” days at a school would get one a psych exam and perhaps jail time.

Nuts, just absolutely nuts. I mean nuts.

People will always pull the shades over their eyes.

ybiC,
Trevor

[quote=Dolores49]I don’t want to even interpret your snide remark.

Please explain it yourself, okay?
[/quote]

It was hardly snide. It was meant to provoke courage of faith and conviction and to work as Christ’s disciples - for the Truth.

My point is that Christians, while we have the right to do so, need to demand that our laws allow free speech, religious or otherwise, in public or in private. We need to demand that marriage remains an institution between one man and one woman. We need to demand that our schools not provide homosexual propaganda to our kids. If all Christians did this, there would be no danger from the homosexual agenda.

This is why…should I find myself still living on the west coast when my kids reach high school age…my kids will be attending Catholic high school.

[quote=Island Oak]This is why…should I find myself still living on the west coast when my kids reach high school age…my kids will be attending Catholic high school.
[/quote]

Don’t assume safety there. Make sure the Catholic school put the faith and its doctrines as top priority.

[quote=Brad]Don’t assume safety there. Make sure the Catholic school put the faith and its doctrines as top priority.
[/quote]

But at least in Catholic school, you don’t have to let your kids attend such garbage. Given the scenario Gloria explained, this is a week long event at the school. At least in Texas, you can’t just take your kids out of school for a week. In the district where my neices attend, any absence of 3 or more days without medical documentation means you don’t get promoted to the next grade. In Catholic school, I can take my kids out whenever I need to. They have to make up the work, of course. :slight_smile:

[quote=Island Oak]This is why…should I find myself still living on the west coast when my kids reach high school age…my kids will be attending Catholic high school.
[/quote]

Dear Island Oak,

Don’t be so sure of the Catholic schools. Some of the Catholic schools in our diocese are welcoming the Gay Agenda. Read two of my thread questions in the “Ask an Apologist” category.

Should active homosexuals be permitted to flaunt their lifestyle at a CatholicSchool? and

Should parents send their children to a party in a gay household?

Make sure you do your research before enrolling your children in Catholic school. Do you have a good bishop?

[quote=kmktexas]But at least in Catholic school, you don’t have to let your kids attend such garbage. Given the scenario Gloria explained, this is a week long event at the school. At least in Texas, you can’t just take your kids out of school for a week. In the district where my neices attend, any absence of 3 or more days without medical documentation means you don’t get promoted to the next grade. In Catholic school, I can take my kids out whenever I need to. They have to make up the work, of course. :slight_smile:
[/quote]

My kid would suddenly come down with the week-long blues.

Some days I have to wonder if anyone reads history anymore.

So lets talk about it for a minute okay?

The US has had a very wide variety of influencing cultures due in large part to the history of immigration from many parts of the world and of course the forced “immigration” of slavery. As a consequence we’ve seen a lot of cultures encounter each other nice and close. The western European powers of course had a dominant influence by way of having the most power and often the greatest numbers of immigrants to the early US. Almost without exception they treated everyone else with bigotry. It’s not pleasent but it’s true.

Blacks of course suffered through slavery. A mere 40 years ago they finally achieved some nominal measure of equality.

Women of course were property owned first by father and then by husband until almost the* 1900s*.

The asians in the 1800s were denied the ability to give testimony in court, were taxed based solely on their country of origin, and laws were passed to force them to live outside civilized cities. In 1922 a new federal act declared them ineligble for citizenship. In 1941 the internment camps target japanese americans. It wasn’t until 1952 that Japanese could become citizens, the Chinese got the right in 1943.

Catholics and the Irish faced prejudice as well.

In each and every case we have later, and in light of better understanding of both compassion and reality found such prejudice to be rank and offensive. And yet we continue to create new prejudices one after another to replace each one struck down.

As late as 1999 a US representative openly called for discrimination against Wicca.

At what point do bigots actually face up to the facts? At what point do we stop saying “okay the last 100 forms of prejudice were bad but I really like this new one”?

At what point will you start understanding history and stop repeating it?

Tlaloc,

You were making good sense up to the Wicca part. Bigotry against any group of people based on who they ARE is bad and should be stamped out by a civilized society. Discrimination based on what people DO is the duty of civilized society. We discriminate against murderers, theives and others who break moral and civil laws. We don’t say that tolerance has to extend to the psycopathic murderer because he couldn’t help himself, he was driven by his passions. And yet we have somehow reached a point where compassion for the cross that someone might be bearing is equated with approval for their lifestyle choices. Sorry, I don’t buy it.

[quote=kmktexas]Tlaloc,

You were making good sense up to the Wicca part. Bigotry against any group of people based on who they ARE is bad and should be stamped out by a civilized society. Discrimination based on what people DO is the duty of civilized society. We discriminate against murderers, theives and others who break moral and civil laws. We don’t say that tolerance has to extend to the psycopathic murderer because he couldn’t help himself, he was driven by his passions. And yet we have somehow reached a point where compassion for the cross that someone might be bearing is equated with approval for their lifestyle choices. Sorry, I don’t buy it.
[/quote]

Homosexuals have been trying to latch on to other well established civil rights groups hoping that they can equate their behavior with skin color or nationality.

But as you said, there is a real distinction between intrinsic qualities and learned behaviors or actions. I was born female and can’t change it. I didn’t learn to be a female although I certainly learned certain female behaviors. Discrimination against me strictly as a female is wrong but if my female behavior is inappropriate then discrimination is in order.

Lisa N

Also see “Gay Ministry”.

Those of us who are virtuous, must be diametrically opposed to tolerance of a gay wolf in sheeps clothing and if someone says that we are homophobic. Must find a patient way to explain to the gays, that we are not gay and we do not need help and we do not need to get in touch with our gay inner self.

[quote=kmktexas]Tlaloc,

You were making good sense up to the Wicca part. Bigotry against any group of people based on who they ARE is bad and should be stamped out by a civilized society.

[/quote]

Well we agree on that much then.

Discrimination based on what people DO is the duty of civilized society. We discriminate against murderers, theives and others who break moral and civil laws.

Do you think it’s fair to equate someone’s personal religions beliefs with a crime? Do you think it’d be appropriate to outlaw or discriminate against Catholicism?

We don’t say that tolerance has to extend to the psycopathic murderer because he couldn’t help himself, he was driven by his passions. And yet we have somehow reached a point where compassion for the cross that someone might be bearing is equated with approval for their lifestyle choices. Sorry, I don’t buy it.

A murderer harms another. Thats a pretty fundamental difference between the psychopath and the wiccan or the gay man. Don’t you think?

[quote=Bill_A]Those of us who are virtuous, must be diametrically opposed to tolerance of a gay wolf in sheeps clothing
[/quote]

Yeah cause Lord knows tolerance was never meant to be part of christianity!

That was sarcasm.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.