Gay """Jesus""" outrageous mockery on Netflix

Actually this is the first thread I have seen. I understand there were others, but not everyone sees all the threads. Personally I am glad to know to avoid netflix.

5 Likes

God have mercy on us and on the whole world.

5 Likes

I’d love to see someone have the stones to make a gay Mohammad.

3 Likes

Here are the other threads:

I’m sorry if my posts have been construed as critical of the Op. In the first thread it was pointed out that Netflix is morally neutral and that viewing content was a prudential matter, a view that I believed the Op agreed with(noting the comparison with pharmacies). This thread introduces content that I would assume most Catholics, in prudence, would not watch. As this will be my last post I’ll also note that Agenda posting does violate forum rules.

2 Likes

It’s been done.

2 Likes

The posts are related but each one analyses a specific topic.

What do you expect? Do you expect the world to be Christian? They are going to agree with everything you believe?

1 Like

Sometimes, it is best to just ignore this stuff. Giving it more attention only helps it.

5 Likes

People can see what Netflix offers and choose not to watch it, just like all of the other stuff on TV. I am not sure how Netflix is the sole problem. Nor do I understand why people in the US need to learn about a Brazilian show they will never see.

4 Likes

Absolutely vile. We need to pray for everyone involved. Let’s hope they repent of this and come to know the mercy and greatness of the Lord.

2 Likes

Wow, really? This sounds like a very uncharitable and arrogant comment. Like, people here doesn’t matter for you? It is not important to know the point of disrespect that an AMERICAN company reaches? Or the mockery being done to Our Lord worldwide? For you as long it does not happen in America, it does not matter? Really… There is some comments that are just mind blowing. Netflix is mocking Jesus and people get angry to me because I revealed it and calling it unworthy of attention. This is really a crazy world.

2 Likes

Agree. There is dirty Jesus stuff on Youtube also. I simply hit the Dislike button and go watch something else.

4 Likes

@Imo, you are the one that brought up people in the US not knowing about it, not me. Again, unless someone watches Netflix, I don’t understand why they need to know about it as you think. There are plenty of outrageous things going on in the world. Do we need to hear about all of them? And also again, for those who have Netflix they will choose not to watch trash such as this if they have any faith at at.

2 Likes

Never heard of Charlie Hebdo, then. You’re one of the few. Google it.

2 Likes

Because Netflix is an extremely important and influential company and sociologically and culturally is very important to know that the level of freedom to humiliate Christ is growing and growing. It seems that each year it is worse. When Da Vinci Code came out everybody went crazy because it suggested that Jesus had children. But now it is much worse, it is a company that tries to appeal to a very larger audience, not a niche, presenting Jesus a homossexual with a boyfriend in a country that has a population where 88% calls itself Christian. Obviously, they want money and they noticed that people would just continue watching, that it is ok to humiliate Jesus in a “88% Christian country”, that this is good for business. This is a very important sociocultural matter and should bring a lot of reflexion to Catholics. Even your apathy regarding this is showing about the point our society reached.

I am not apathetic. I just do not understand your need for the level of excitement you are at. Change the channel. Watch something else. Give it the thumbs down rating without watching it.

8 Likes

Why do you think it’s acceptable to do this to Muslims, who revere him. Of course they’re wrong, but if you tell a Muslim thar you have a right to do that then they would tell you that they have a right to poke fun at Our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.

I think it would be an insult to the Church’s view on religious liberty to make fun of Mohammed in this way.

2 Likes

We can’t do anything.

2 Likes

There are irreverent and blasphemous artists. There always have been. Their work would be largely unknown if it were not for all the outrage, which is better than free advertising for them. Outrage is far more powerful than advertising.

I’m old enough to remember Piss Christ, a photograph published in 1987. Very few people would have noticed it, and today no one would remember it, except for all the outspoken Catholics who exposed it to millions of viewers. Pardon me for mentioning it as well, but I think it is a good case study in how not to fight bad art.

It is better to let it die of neglect than to denounce it shouting from the rooftops.

I’ve already forgotten that TV show you were talking about.

7 Likes
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.