Gay Marriage campaign in CA

I’m only hoping that the opposition will also be knocking on doors!

www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/02/16/MNJ315NNG7.DTL

We did and we will again!

God bless you, and thank you.
:hug3:

I’ll carry on promoting equality wherever I am.

I carry on promoting children’s rights wherever I am, including the primacy of heterosexual parents.

What’s wrong with a homosexual couple raising a child?

EVERY child deserves a Mother AND a Father.What ISN’T wrong with a homosexual couple raising a child.

Good.While you’re at it,can you see about my problem of inequality?You see I want to have a baby but I’m a man and it just isn’t fair.I am being oppressed and I demand that society do something about it.

My dad knows two gay people in San Francisco (Big Suprise!) who are his friends and I met them at age 7 or 8 and didnt even know they were gay. Gays are perfectly normal and should be treated soin society. Your position on this issue is strikingly similar to that of Jack Chicks. If you dont know who he is, here is a link to his site:
chick.com/default.asp

If you are serious and willing to choose this path, it’s a good idea to research about single parenting. Here is a link guiding you to some websites where you can start:

fatherhood.about.com/od/singledadsresources/Resources_for_Single_Dads.htm

Neither about.com nor any other search engine will indicate anything other than coping and compensating suggestions for anyone, male or female, that finds themselves accidentally as a single parent. It is never a situation to be deliberately sought. It is unfair to the child, limiting as it does the child’s full exposure to both genders and a fully-involved set of heterosexual parents.

It is grievously sinful to seek from the outset to limit a child’s intimate relationships in such a way. I personally prevented a female friend of mine from going to a sperm bank for precisely this reason: it is highly immoral and socially irresponsible. Because we “can” doesn’t mean we should. (But again, anything to yield to modern science, the new God.)

By that logic single mothers and fathers shouldn’t raise their kids either.

There’s nothing wrong with a gay couple raising kids. Especially with the insane amount of foster kids in America, there’s a lot of kids who need parents.

What do you mean by “full exposure to both genders”, “fully-involved set of heterosexual parents” and “limit a child’s intimate relationships”?

There is a significant difference between coping with a less than optimal situation (a single parent) and willfully forcing a bad situation (homosexual couple).

Further, a single parent is not presenting an objectively depraved relationship to the child. A homosexual relationship, by its very nature, is disordered and sinful. Therefore, it is wrong to subject a child to this.

And before you ask, yes, it is wrong to have children living in a situation where their parent or parents are engaging in relations outside of marriage. I would not want a cohabiting heterosexual couple to adopt either.

If you can’t figure out the meaning of those phrases in the context of child-rearing, I can’t help you. Unfortunately, too many people who have not yet become parents believe they know what it takes to raise a child to become a whole and healthy individual, which is not accomplished by just any two individuals engaged in a social experiment. You don’t understand that full exposure to both genders means one male parent, one female parent? (I thought not.)

Gay marriage is the epitome of moral relativism and the idolatry of Self in the modern world – justifying as it does and rationalizing as it does the sacrifice of a child’s natural development for the personal desires of those who seek to “parent” at any cost necessary.

Gay marriage = Garden of Eden (after The Fall) redux.

It should be noted that the Catholic Church has definitively ruled that same-sex marriage is gravely immoral. To support same-sex marriage is to be in direct opposition to Church teaching:

vatican.va/roman_curia/congregations/cfaith/documents/rc_con_cfaith_doc_20030731_homosexual-unions_en.html

(document by the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith)

There are absolutely no grounds for considering homosexual unions to be in any way similar or even remotely analogous to God’s plan for marriage and family. Marriage is holy, while homosexual acts go against the natural moral law. Homosexual acts “close the sexual act to the gift of life. They do not proceed from a genuine affective and sexual complementarity. Under no circumstances can they be approved”

The Church teaches that respect for homosexual persons cannot lead in any way to approval of homosexual behaviour or to legal recognition of homosexual unions. The common good requires that laws recognize, promote and protect marriage as the basis of the family, the primary unit of society. Legal recognition of homosexual unions or placing them on the same level as marriage would mean not only the approval of deviant behaviour, with the consequence of making it a model in present-day society, but would also obscure basic values which belong to the common inheritance of humanity. The Church cannot fail to defend these values, for the good of men and women and for the good of society itself.

Forgive me if I’m not understanding, but from what you’re saying it seems you believe children of single parents are unwhole and unhealthy individuals, is that correct?

That is not what Elizabeth is saying. I will repeat what I said earlier:

“There is a significant difference between coping with a less than optimal situation (a single parent) and willfully forcing a bad situation (homosexual couple).”

Of course, a single parent situation is not the very best for a child or for the parent who has to deal with things alone - but sometimes it is necessary. And no one would doubt that a good single parent can do a wonderful job of raising a child.

The natural family structure - the structure which has been found in every single human culture in recorded history - is that of a man and woman, mother and father. There is a reason for this and we would be foolish to ignore what is natural to human beings.

By the same token, no one should doubt that a good same-sex couple can do a wonderful job of raising a child as well. The problem lies in promoting the idea that only a mother and a father family structure is acceptable, or valid, or even better. Single persons and same-sex couples can also make good parents. Promoting the idea that unusual family arrangements are not good for children can be detrimental to the children of these families and can be offensive to them, who are not molded in the said traditional model, but are doing a wonderful work at raising children.

Well, most alcoholics are normal, too. It is their bad habits that are not normal. And they do things that you did not see on “Will and Grace.”

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.