Gay Marriage campaign in CA

Single parents are very likely to be poor. Single motherhood is one of the main reasons for poverty in the United States, and in the black community especially the lack of fathers is one of the man reasons why so many blacks end up in jail. The refusal to see this as a problem is simply foolish. As for same-sex persons with children, they are anomalies in the homosexal community, because that is not the reason why gays get together. Many gay families tend to shade into polygamous ones because so many partners are unfaithful. Itis a bit like growing up in a whorehouse. Huamn nature being what it is, many youngsters rgow up relatively unharmed, but they have
decidely different t notions of family. For forty years, since divoce became easily and acceptable, the family has been disintegrating as a cohesive social unit. Gay parents are just the final result of the loose living of many '60s couples.

No, the problem lies in promoting the false idea that gay = good; straight = bad. Gay = healthy; straight = messed up. Gay = superior parenting; straight = inferior parenting. Gay = supposedly chosen, seamless love; straight = compulsory love supposedly forced onto people by “society.” Traditional = evil; nontraditional = good. Societal standards = evil; personal choice = good.

The gay culture has had its PR machine operating in high gear for about 30 years now, so much so that the very language by which society operates is reversed, and traditionalism is forced to defend itself against absurd principles and philosophies, now declared to be better. This is called the realization of Huxley’s Brave New World. The gay culture has successfully idealized itself so that two gay parents are now trumpeted as healthier, morally superior, and producing better children merely by virtue of their identity as a gay couple.

Gender means something, and it means something profound, deep, psychological in the full psycho-social development of the young child. Being a several-degreed educator and a mother, I would know that. Probably being neither, you would not know that. Forget God and spirituality, even. This is not a religious question. To ignore the primacy of dual genders is to mock nature at society’s peril.

Truth squad to the rescue: Gay couples, like straight couples, also fight, separate, divorce, and engage in domestic abuse. The model of the Perfect Gay Couple is a myth, promoted by an extremely aggressive (but largely successful) public relations campaign. However, overall, there may be a greater percentage of harmonious gay relationships than harmonious straight relationships. Why? Because gender differences and communication between genders make straight marriage more of a challenge. I said it was a challenge. I didn’t say it was a bad thing to be challenged in life. That very challenge is a learning model for every child born into that household. That is the only way, actually, that they learn how to pattern such heterosexual relationships, how to work out differences, and what the real meaning of love is: sacrifice, struggle, communication, generosity, and lots and lots of effort with an opposite gender model.

The sociological literature confirms (don’t have the latest study about this at my fingertips, but it has long been known) that children who grow up in households of only one gender have much greater difficulty navigating their own romantic relationships when they come of age. They simply have no rudders to guide them.

Gay parenting does not represent A Greater Good. It represents a Greater Selfishness.

What do you think about several-degreed educators/parents who teach children who identify as HETEROsexual that their future parenting skills do not represent a greater good, but a greater selfishness? Think about the children. Should they take it personally or should they think their educators are misguided about their potential skills?

Joey,I’m going to be kind to you because of what I suspect is your youth.The actual percentage of gay people in the world is rather miniscule but they wield an influence that is out of proportion to their numbers.Gays are NOT “perfectly normal”,they are a biological or much more likely psychological abberation.They cannot reproduce-there is no biological reason for their existance.You are intimating that I hate those who suffer from same sex attraction and have likened me to Jack Chick which is untrue and says more about you than it does me,unfortunately,but I do forgive you.
Those who suffer from this affliction should remain celibate as Holy Scripture is quite clear on its condemnation of genital relations between those of the same sex.The so-called same-sex marriage brouhaha in your country is just further evidence of the gay agenda-to normalise this abberation and to make all Christians and others endorse this lifestyle,which of course we will never do and will ultimately lead to our persecution.

Having a faith does not mean just embracing it when it is convenient but LIVING it especially when it’s inconvenient-like now.I am being villified for my comments supporting the sanctity of marriage between one man and one woman and how children deserve a mother and a father.It would be so much easier to be "nice"and say that homosexuality and homosexual marriage are completely normal and natural.It would however,be a lie and one that I would have to answer for at my personal judgement.I would rather endure your censure rather than Christ’s.

I am single.I am chaste.I am celibate.I have no right to sexual intercourse which is an integral part of the sacrament of marriage.Nor do they.
Nor should they expect us to endorse it.

What I am saying should not be shocking or earth shattering,it’s fairly standard orthodox Catholicism as taught by Holy Mother Church.If some people don’t like it,well…

We should make pamphles on traditional marriage and hand them out to the same-sex marriage movement members when they come to our doors! :slight_smile:

Strawman,much?

No,no,I physically want to bear a child.You know,like a woman.And it just isn’t fair!Something must be done-I’m being denied equal rights and equality.:rolleyes:

Elizabeth, no one is arguing the straight is bad. My parents are straight and they were great! I’m gay and I’ll be a great parent, too!

I respect that assertion and take you at your word. However, the overwhelming publicity from the gay movement does not suggest that, not at all. Rather, the predominant message is: because some heterosexual males are abusive, and because straight relationships are fraught will challenge, it is a more sure bet to trust that a gay relationship will be better for a child. There’s even one poster here on this thread who believes that gay parenthood may be better.

My point is that even a troubled heterosexual relationship is better in the parenting role than a more peaceful but by definition less differentiated gay set of parents. (Unless you believe that all progeny of gay parents will themselves be gay, which is not the assertion of the gay movement.) (At that point, we rapidly become extinct.) Even gay children of gay parents need the model of the male father and female mother for a variety of reasons.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The so-called same-sex marriage brouhaha in your country is just further evidence of the gay agenda-to normalise this abberation and to make all Christians and others endorse this lifestyle,which of course we will never do and will ultimately lead to our persecution.

[quote] First of all same sex marriage is illeagel in every state except Massachusetts. (It was legal in California, but Prop 8 chaged that.) Second, you mentioned that you will persecuted as Christians if gays are allowed to marry. In the same light, shouldn’t we outlaw pork because it is persecuting our Muslim friends? Or shellfish because of Jews? Clearly that wouldn’t be right- if you are against it, then don’t eat it! We have to draw a line somewhere, and I beleive that line is when a certian group of people or person is harmed bodily because of something. You probably won’t be injured if gays marry, so I would say it’s pretty safe on the “OK” side.

[quote]

Having a faith does not mean just embracing it when it is convenient but LIVING it especially when it’s inconvenient-like now.I am being villified for my comments supporting the sanctity of marriage between one man and one woman and how children deserve a mother and a father.It would be so much easier to be "nice"and say that homosexuality and homosexual marriage are completely normal and natural.It would however,be a lie and one that I would have to answer for at my personal judgement.I would rather endure your censure rather than Christ’s.

[quote] All the LORD will ask you at your personal judgement is if you accepted him or not. He does not care about your political views, nor are you any less sinful just for sticking up for him. By saying this you are saying that you are wthout sin and perfect in the Gods eyes, which is sin itself.

[quote]

I am single.I am chaste.I am celibate.I have no right to sexual intercourse which is an integral part of the sacrament of marriage.Nor do they.

[quote] First of all, yes, legally, you can have sex, you just don’t want to, and your own personal choice shouldn’t influence the rights of others. Second, you don’t have to and they aren’t asking you to, all they want is for you to tolerate them and accept them for the individuals they are. I don’t endorse having to do homework 3-4 nights a week, but I do it anyway, right?

[quote]

What I am saying should not be shocking or earth shattering,it’s fairly standard orthodox Catholicism as taught by Holy Mother Church.If some people don’t like it,well…

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That is fine, but you have to understand that there is a difference between religion and opinion and established law. Muslims don’t beleive in pork or alchohol, but that doesn’t mean everyone should have to become completely sober vegetarians. If you don’t want to have sex and adhere to the laws of your religion, that is fine. Just don’t persecute and criticize those who do…
[/quote]

Gays are NOT “perfectly normal”,they are a biological or much more likely psychological abberation.They cannot reproduce-there is no biological reason for their existance.

[quote] By saying this you are saying two things that are against both of our religions. One: you are saying the only goal in a humans life is to reproduce. What about friends, family, love, or God? Two: You are saying that they do not have a purpose. By saying this you are implying that God either isn’t real or makes people that are useless on purpose, which would make him imperfect. That’s not the God that I know.

[quote] You are intimating that I hate those who suffer from same sex attraction and have likened me to Jack Chick which is untrue and says more about you than it does me,unfortunately,but I do forgive you.

[quote] So now you think being gay is a disease. That is exactly what Mr. Chick teaches- gays are diseased and shouldn’t be allowed the same constitutional rights as everyone else. Ok let’s say being gay IS a disease. If we give the same rights to AIDS stricken people and cancer patients as we do healthy people, what makes the “disease” of homosexuality so different?
Those who suffer from this affliction should remain celibate as Holy Scripture is quite clear on its condemnation of genital relations between those of the same sex.

[quote] If it is Levicitus 18:22 you are talking about, you should click here and go to page 2:ONE MAN’S THOROUGHLY FALLIBLE AND INCORRECT OPINION-I’LL TRUST THE INTERPRETATION OF THIS PASSAGE TO THE CHURCH CHRIST FOUNDED,THE CATHOLIC CHURCH.http://www.mccchurch.org/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Sexuality_Spirituality&Template=/CM/ContentDisplay.cfm&ContentID=603

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The so-called same-sex marriage brouhaha in your country is just further evidence of the gay agenda-to normalise this abberation and to make all Christians and others endorse this lifestyle,which of course we will never do and will ultimately lead to our persecution.

[quote] First of all same sex marriage is illeagel in every state except Massachusetts. (It was legal in California, but Prop 8 chaged that.)NEVER SAID IT WASN’T Second, you mentioned that you will persecuted as Christians if gays are allowed to marry.YES WE WILL BE IF WE CONTINUE TO SPEAK OUT AGAINST SOMETHING THAT IS CONTRARY TO GOD’S LAW AS INDICATED BY HOLY SCRIPTURE. In the same light, shouldn’t we outlaw pork because it is persecuting our Muslim friends?NON-SEQUITOR Or shellfish because of Jews?NON-SEQUITOR Clearly that wouldn’t be right- if you are against it, then don’t eat it! We have to draw a line somewhere, and I beleive that line is when a certian group of people or person is harmed bodily because of something.WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? You probably won’t be injured if gays marry, so I would say it’s pretty safe on the “OK” side.I WILL BE INJURED AS IT IS AN AFFRONT TO THE SANCTITY AND SACRAMENTAL NATURE OF MARRIAGE.WHATEVER INJURES GOD’S WORD INJURES THIS WORLD AND ALL IN IT YOU,ME,STRAIGHT PEOPLE AND THOSE SUFFERING FROM SAME-SEX ATTRACTION

[quote]

[quote] All the LORD will ask you at your personal judgement is if you accepted him or not. He does not care about your political views, nor are you any less sinful just for sticking up for him. By saying this you are saying that you are wthout sin and perfect in the Gods eyes, which is sin itself.WHEN DID GOD GIVE YOU AUTHORITY TO SPEAK FOR HIM.AND BY THE WAY I AM NOT SAYING THAT I AM WITHOUT SIN AT ALL.I HAVE NEED OF A SAVIOUR AS DOES EVERYONE.

[quote]I AMSingle.I am chaste.I am celibate.I have no right to sexual intercourse which is an integral part of the sacrament of marriage.Nor do they.

[quote] First of all, yes, legally, you can have sex, you just don’t want to, and your own personal choice shouldn’t influence the rights of others.NO THAT’S NOT WHAT I’M SAYING(IF YOU WANT TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY YOU SIMPLY MUST STOP PUTTING WORDS IN MY MOUTH) Second, you don’t have to and they aren’t asking you to, all they want is for you to tolerate them and accept them for the individuals they are.I DO TOLERATE THEM.BUT THEY WANT ME AND OTHER CHRISTIANS TO EMBRACE AND CELEBRATE THEIR CHOICE(TO HAVE SEXUAL RELATIONS)WHICH WE WILL NEVER DO. I don’t endorse having to do homework 3-4 nights a week, but I do it anyway, right?NON-SEQUITOR That is fine, but you have to understand that there is a difference between religion and opinion and established law.DUH Muslims don’t beleive in pork or alchohol, but that doesn’t mean everyone should have to become completely sober vegetarians. If you don’t want to have sex and adhere to the laws of your religion, that is fine. Just don’t persecute and criticize those who do…

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

CRITICISM IS NOT AGAINST THE LAW THE LAST TIME I LOOKED AND YOU SEEM TO BE DOING A THOROUGH IF LOGICALLY FALLACIOUS OF DOING THE SAME THING TO ME.YOU AND YOUR FELLOW APOLOGISTS FOR THOSE AFFLICTED WITH SAME SEX ATTRACTION CONFUSE DISAGREEMENT WITH PERSECUTION.

Now if you want to debate with the big boys I suggest a few courses-logic,Holy Scripture,debating skills 101.Please look up strawman arguementation and,ad hominum attacks of which there are several examples in your screed which are usually penalised in debate but if not certainly damage cogent arguementation.:wink:
[/quote]

Please Joey in your next post do not just copy and insert like you did last time.There is a 6000 word limit and when i tried to insert my own comments it would not allow me to enter them all and many were lost.As well just a hint-don’t tell your "opponent"that by saying something "this"is what you “really mean”.It’s insulting and peurile.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.