Gay marriage issue in Minnesota

After a measure to define marriage as between a man and a woman in the state constitution failed last year, now same-sex marriage proponents want to make it legal here. Proponents of traditional marriage are rallying today, and polls show most Minnesotans do not want to make same-sex marriage legal. Please pray. Thanks.

I live next door to MN and will be praying with all the faithful! :thumbsup:

Thank you neighbor! I know some people who are from North Dakota, including my brother-in-law and a dear friend, but I’ve never been there myself.

Minnesota Poll: A majority doesn’t want gay
marriage

A majority of Minnesotans oppose legalizing same-sex marriage, the Star Tribune Minnesota Poll has found.

Fifty-three percent of Minnesotans say the state statute banning same-sex unions should stand. Only 38 percent say legislators should overturn the law this year, while 9 percent are undecided.

The new poll offers a fresh snapshot of an issue that has deeply divided the state. It was just five months ago that Minnesotans rejected a proposal to put the ban into the state’s Constitution. Legislators now are considering bills that would make gay marriage legal.

House Speaker Paul Thissen said he found the poll results surprising, with stronger opposition than has been seen in other samplings.

startribune.com/politics/statelocal/195485581.html

Keep praying for MN

Thanks for the link and the prayers!

Hello fellow Twin City-zen! (No, it isn’t the real term… but I’m going to do my best to make it catch on!;)) I join you in constant, vigilant prayer for this beautiful state. I sometimes find myself feeling discouraged, because this all seems so inevitable to me. But let us remember to pray for all of us sinners, and keep our focus on hope for God’s will and charity toward all men and women–we are equally fallen.

Loving and gracious God, we adore You. We thank You. We honor You. Help us to worship You. Help us to lift You up, to show you boldly to those who do not know You, to emulate You in how we live. Bless our states, bless our country. As Your word gets trampled upon, be our Voice. As Your will is disregarded, let us be Your defenders. Be with us, Lord. Amen.

Thanks Ophelia. I’m in the suburbs.

I used to be a Little Canada gal! :slight_smile:

Rosemount first, now Eagan. I sometimes go to the Cities but not too often.

Probably should make this an on-going prayer thread for MN and the rest of us. Have you seen this thread?

forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=759962

I will join in supporting you with my prayers.

Thanks for sharing this thread–I hadn’t seen it.

Hail, holy Queen, Mother of mercy,
our life, our sweetness, and our hope.
To you do we cry, poor banished children of Eve;
to you do we send up our sighs,
mourning and weeping in this valley of tears.
Turn, then, most gracious advocate,
your eyes of mercy toward us;
And after this our exile,
show unto us the blessed fruit of your womb, Jesus.
O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.