Gay Marriage right or wrong?

This is a heavy debate that rages on in many courts of law as to the legality of same sex marriage! The bible plainly say’s one man and one women which I agree with most certainly!What does the gay community hope to achieve by legal gay marriages?God in the beginning created adam and then eve for his mate! Who are we to question the authority and wisdom of god by allowing same sex marriages!I am 100% against same sex marriages…read the book of Romans!Being gay is not a sin,but what is,is the physical aspect of a gay relationship!If you are gay I urge you to be celibate and pray for strength through Jesus our Lord to not give in to the temptation! Celibate straight men have the same temptation…we must pray!Sexual sins are most difficult to overcome,but not impossable! I have been celibate for a long time…it can be done!

God Bless you all…Hillery Watkins

**We are all sinners!

Pray for our humility & repentance!!

Jesus taught us;

"and saying, “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent, and believe in the gospel.” (MK 1:15)**

Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, Ora Pro Nobis Peccatoribus.

mark

Praying for the sanctity of marriage…

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with you. Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Some people are born with Crosses that we can only begin to try to empathize with or understand. Just like those who are divorced and denied annulment they face a lifetime of celibacy. It is important that we love them and show them what is correct but above all love them. This is the best way to evangelize and to bring people back to the foot of the Cross. Hate is never a way to do this. God bless.

This is my first post on the forum. Civil marriage is not a sacrament. We should do all we can to encourage sacramental marriage, but we cannot control other people’s misguided choices or legal options. In a society that separates church and state, I have come to have little argument with equal rights for all under a set of universally applied standards.

As a Christian, I cannot approve of same sex marriage. As a Christian, I cannot condemn a person who thinks this is their best option for temporal happiness. It may be. I am convinced it is not their best option for eternal happiness, but I forgive whatever shortcomings my limited perspective may see. I offer my advice, but I accept the sinner while steering clear of the sin, myself. I am guilty of things just as abhorable and just as mortal.

I would rather work with persons who need to see the truth of God’s divine plan for human happiness, and try to direct them to a felicitous faith in redemption. We can all be converted and forgiven. This may be another opportunity for the Lord’s plan to counter secular values vs. spiritual ones. It isn’t for any of us to judge. Legal sanction never made anything spiritually right. Spiritual value will rarely convince sinners of the true path to redemption until they have reaped the harvest they have sown. We have all acted contrary to God’s plan at one time or another.

Faith, hope, charity,
WK

Mark77
Re: Gay Marriage right or wrong?

We are all sinners!

Pray for our humility & repentance!!

Jesus taught us;

"and saying, “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent, and believe in the gospel.” (MK 1:15)

Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, Ora Pro Nobis Peccatoribus.

****mark ****

True…very true, especially for this poor soul…but being a sinner is not the issue…the issue is: what is marriage…and who instituted it?..defined it?..at least as I understand the issue.

For your consideration…

Pax Christi. Hs is truley risen! Allelulia!

[INDENT]ARTICLE 7
**THE SACRAMENT OF MATRIMONY **1601 "The matrimonial covenant, by which a man and a woman establish between themselves a partnership of the whole of life, is by its nature ordered toward the good of the spouses and the procreation and education of offspring; this covenant between baptized persons has been raised by Christ the Lord to the dignity of a sacrament."84

Marriage in the order of creation
1603 "The intimate community of life and love which constitutes the married state has been established by the Creator and endowed by him with its own proper laws. . . . God himself is the author of marriage."87 The vocation to marriage is written in the very nature of man and woman as they came from the hand of the Creator. Marriage is not a purely human institution despite the many variations it may have undergone through the centuries in different cultures, social structures, and spiritual attitudes. These differences should not cause us to forget its common and permanent characteristics. Although the dignity of this institution is not transparent everywhere with the same clarity,88 some sense of the greatness of the matrimonial union exists in all cultures. "The well-being of the individual person and of both human and Christian society is closely bound up with the healthy state of conjugal and family life."89

2360 Sexuality is ordered to the conjugal love of man and woman. In marriage the physical intimacy of the spouses becomes a sign and pledge of spiritual communion. Marriage bonds between baptized persons are sanctified by the sacrament.

2039 Ministries should be exercised in a spirit of fraternal service and dedication to the Church, in the name of the Lord.81 At the same time the conscience of each person should avoid confining itself to individualistic considerations in its moral judgments of the person’s own acts. As far as possible conscience should take account of the good of all, as expressed in the moral law, natural and revealed, and consequently in the law of the Church and in the authoritative teaching of the Magisterium on moral questions. Personal conscience and reason should not be set in opposition to the moral law or the Magisterium of the Church.

[/INDENT]

Loving God we ask Your mercy that all in our lives will be as You desire.

non-existent, the two words cannot be used in the same sentence. Marriage by definition of the Creator is the union of one man and one woman for the purposes of intimate union that prefigures and is the image of the union between Christ and His Church, and the ultimate union between man or woman and the Creator, and for procreation. Therefore it is a physical, spiritual, psychological and every other way impossibility for two persons of the same sex to marry.

If you want to start a debate on civil unions or any other arrangement change the title, but I cannot respond to a logical impossibility. No power on earth can change what the Creator has hard-wired into his creation.

If you are asking prayers, then ask for prayer, this is not the forum for debate on God’s eternal unchangeable teaching.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.