Gay "marriage" ruling

Really don’t know where to put this, but i think all should read. I mean all. It’s an outstanding article started by an Evangelical (Protestant) and ends with him quoting a prominent Catholic. Maybe this was shared already. Please tell all and pray for this country! We fight together! Pick up your swords! :knight2: Defend the Faith! :knight1: Somebody get a cross emoticon in here! :amen:

drjamesdobson.org/about/may-newsletter-15?sc=FEM&mc=FEM0515NL&utm_source=SilverpopMailing&utm_campaign=20150512%20Newsletter%20%28FEM0515NL%29%20%282%29&spMailingID=11364368&spUserID=MTQyOTYxNTU3OTY5S0&spJobID=540768210&spReportId=NTQwNzY4MjEwS0

Did any one Jewish here post that this “debate” was in the same week as a double parsha was read. The Supreme Court heard the case on a Wednesday and Tuesday’s reading was:

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Leviticus+18%3A22-30&version=ESV

So if a protestant community decided that their interpretation of the bible (lead by the holy spirit) says Gay marriage is completely kosher? Then what. Who has the authority to arbitrate that or make that final decision?

Such an interpretation would be shouted down in short order because the Holy Spirit would never contradict the clear meaning of Scripture.

ICXC NIKA

Please tell me that’s a joke right Apparently the Holy Spirit leads people to many contradicting positions in the protestant world…but none the less they will ALL say its the HS leading them to this. :shrug:

From your link:

“For more than 50 years, the homosexual activist movement has sought to implement a master plan that has had as its centerpiece the destruction or redesign of the family.”

To be honest, gays just want to live their own loving lives. They have no activist intentions. They do not want to destroy family.

All movements have extremists - the average gay person is not so. The gay Roman Catholic lives in an environment where he feels alienated.

No one. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, no matter how strange, even if it conflicts with scripture.

That is true. However, the Catholics have the advantage of blaming their church.

God is the final arbiter, and in the end; His will be done.

I’d say that most have no activist intentions but many do. Many more heterosexuals have activist intentions, simply by their making up 98% of the population. I think their opinion would be that they don’t want to destroy the family, only to change what a family (and marriage) is - to “expand” it. They don’t see that that will destroy the family, not a difficult thing to do given what society at large has done for the last 50 years. IMHO, allof this of this, started with the widespread use of artificial birth control in the 1960’s.

What is shocking to me is the rapidity of change in society. I think it is only the diabolical that could have effected such a change. When sodomy laws were reversed, the line was, “what people do in the privacy of their own own homes is their own business.” What happened to that? Dead and gone. I need not even describe the myriad ways we are now forced to accept “alternative lifestyles” or else. They are known by all. The lawsuits, crippling fines, loss of employment, shunning, and labelling as “hateful” and “homophobic”, making good on the “or else” threat, are also known by all. If someone even thirty years ago said, “I think homosexuals will want to marry one day and it may happen,” the person would have been shouted down as a paranoid nutcase. Or what if someone said he believed that people in the future would be forced by the state to cooperate in “gay marriage” through their businesses (which happens now) or that clergy would be forced to marry same-sex couples or their churches would lose tax exempt status and/or they would be punished by the state in other ways (not yet here, but probably soon enough - not sure, does Europe already have such laws?) Same thing. The persons saying that the person was crazy might possibly have even cited the First Amendment: “Yeah, right. That could never happen. Ever hear of something called the First Amendment to the Constitution, which guarantees freedom of religion? The state cannot and should not force people of faith to violate their consciouses.” A few years ago, it was, “We just want the same rights, through civil unions, that go along with two adults having committed their lives to each other. We don’t want to marry.” What happened to that? Dead and gone. Talk about a true slippery-slope (civil unions, that is). How long did that last before it was all about gay “marriage”? What was it, five years? Ten at the most.

Let the gays be gay. It’s them (like all sinners) that will have to answer to God. We need to live our own lives for Christ and not worry what tomorrow brings.

How many of us has made a decision in our lives making ourselves “think” that the Holy Spirit is guiding us - God wants it to happen because it “feels” right? I know I did and try to be a bit more mature as a Christian in my walk with Christ.

God bless, all!

Rita

Your statement reminds me of Revelation 22:11

Let the evildoer still do evil, and the filthy still be filthy, and the righteous still do right, and the holy still be holy.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.