Gay Penguin Pair Raising Chick

Gay Penguin Pair Raising Chick

Comments?

Just cuz the animals do it, it must be normal?

Animals kill their offspring too. Should it be allowed with humans?

Not exactly a natural environment, is it?

Animals kill their offspring too. Should it be allowed with humans?

Legally, it is.

Touché.

:thumbsup:

From the article…

The zoo said in a statement on its Web site Thursday that “sex and coupling in our world don’t always have something to do with reproduction.”

That is correct. Sometimes it has something to do with disordered desires and/or genetic anomalies. :shrug:

I read this on the CBC news here, where it was in the top news stories for some reason. The gist is that the straight penguin couple were bad parents and abused the egg, so the zookeeper gave the egg to some gay penguins to raise and they are now doing a better job raising it than the straight penguins did. This isn’t really about penguins at all, is it?

I thought of this word:

anthropomorphism :smiley:

Hmm. I’m not sure what to say here, but I suppose this article is trying to convey the pc idea that if animals behave in this fashion, it is natural behavior, and as such, it must be okay for humans to emulate the behavior, that we could learn a lesson from the animals.

Firstly, I think as humans, we should strive to behave as our Creator would have us behave, not to behave as some of his other creatures without an intellect or soul behave. Secondly, I think it is necessary to point out that animals exhibit other behaviors that are natural for them, but that we humans should stay away from too. Those other natural behaviors that animals exhibit include eating their own young. And, the young of competing animals of their species. And, their mates. And, feces. And, well, I think I made my point.

I imagine, reading this, PETA doesn’t know whether to be for it, out of political correctness, or to be outraged that these penguins would be deprived of normal mating opportunities. :rolleyes:

But! But! They LIVE together!

Or is it because they’ve been denied the “right” to marry? :rotfl:

It might be interesting to see whether this heterosexual chick grows up to be homosexual or what happens as it matures but of course no one will probably publish difficulties.

I second this - captivity is not a normal environment so how can one judge what animals do in an artificial environment say if the only penguins in the zoo are males ?

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

wow. go screw yourselves.

I knew someone would say this and if you’re thinking of abortion, it is not the same as animals killing their offsprings outside the ‘womb’.

Baby humans are killed in the wombs, and are often assisted by others beside their mothers. Do animals kill their offsprings in the ‘womb’ ?

If they do, how do they achieve it :confused:

I knew someone would say this and if you’re thinking of abortion, it is not the same as animals killing their offsprings outside the ‘womb’.

Baby humans are killed in the wombs, and are often assisted by others beside their mothers. Do animals kill their offsprings in the ‘womb’ ?

If they do, how do they achieve it

I would put forward that eggs serve the same function as a human womb. Thus, any time an egg of an animal is eaten, or destroyed, by another animal or the mother or father, it would be equivalent to an abortion within a human womb.

But this is all OT and just academic. I don’t find any difference between out-of-womb murders and in-womb murders. What’s more, some abortions result in the murder of a living child outside the womb.

and why are these penguins “gay”? if animals don’t have members of the opposite sex around and they still feel the urge to procreate they use who is around. if there was a female in this gay love nest would the males need each other? no. a normal penguin couple shares the egg monitoring duty, so male penguins are wired to tend eggs/chicks anyways. they are making a mountian out of a mole hill as usual.

Egg aside, animals kill their offsprings, humans don’t, unless they want to be imprisoned for the crime.

[quote=]But this is all OT and just academic. I don’t find any difference between out-of-womb murders and in-womb murders. What’s more, some abortions result in the murder of a living child outside the womb.
[/quote]

Of course there is no difference. If the baby is killed outside womb, it’s because they take advantage of an abortion in progress. You’re at it, might as well finish it or can finish it.

Which state will be the first to legalize gay penguin marriage?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.