Gay rights groups to boycott Manchester Grand Hyatt

signonsandiego.com/news/metro/20080710-9999-1m10boycott.html

We should all stay at this hotel to encourage good people who donate money for moral causes.

In addition, he said, he was motivated by his strong Catholic faith to believe that marriage is between a man and a woman.

It sounds to me like these gays want to terrorize anyone who doesn’t believe in them by trying to make it uncomfortable for gusts to visit this hotel. They also want to put fear into anyone who is willing to help financially to stop their “gay marriage” oxymoron.

o.0

Are you saying that a boycott = terrorism?

So, let me get this right…if Catholics boycott a group or business it’s “righteousness”, but if gay people boycott a group of business it’s “terrorism”? I understand now!!!:rolleyes:

I think I’ll fly out there and stay at that hotel just to support the guy. As far as a gay boycott hurting business, I say fat chance…

Karger said he hopes the boycott will send a message to other potential contributors to the Proposition 8 campaign.

“Our goal is to create a business loss for people who contribute,” he said. “We want to make it a little uncomfortable.”

Thats not democracy!

While the Grand Hyatt will not be affected, this sends a message out to all Catholic small business owners that want to contribute. The gay rights activist can have such leverage because they unite. The only chance we, Catholics, got to beat this in November is to support each other.

Giliana, this isn’t an issue of “democracy,” as people have a right to stay or not to stay at whatever hotel they please.

I agree with you, but to threaten businesses of supporting what they believe in. To me it seems border line mafia (in a non-italian way :slight_smile: )

I’m sure gay patrons of this hotel are an almost negligible percentage of people staying there, and most gay people probably don’t have any idea of this “boycott.” Boycotting is a legitimate expression of disagreeing with someone’s beliefs, and is practiced by those on the right and left. Are Catholics boycotting businesses they percieve as too supportive of the “gay agenda” (:rolleyes: ) also acting like the “mafia”?

No, because catholics don’t send out messages that threaten businesses like the one they put out. The reason I’m making a big deal of this is to call upon all supporters of Prop 8 (Catholic or not) to help the businesses that are being threatened or boycotted. The supporters of prop 8 are the majority in CA, and we need to start showing it.

]Giliana, this isn’t an issue of “democracy,” as people have a right to stay or not to stay at whatever hotel they please._____________________________________-

So if two guys want to stay with you , sleep in the same bed & have sex together, this is okay with you?

How about a pedophile or someone into animals, still okay? So where exactly do you draw the line?

Surely this is exactly the problem Lot was faced with & we know what God Almighty did about it.

Lets pray to the divine mercy that God does not repeat “what he did about it.” :gopray:

I like CA

_____________________________________-

So if two guys want to stay with you , sleep in the same bed & have sex together, this is okay with you?

How about a pedophile or someone into animals, still okay? So where exactly do you draw the line?

Surely this is exactly the problem Lot was faced with & we know what God Almighty did about it.

I’m not sure what your question is, tobbias. Are you asking whether I want two men sleeping in my bed with me and having sex, the answer is NO! But if I’m running a hotel, I’m not sure how I would know what any two people who get a hotel room are doing together once they’re in there, unless they’re really loud, and that’s just rude.

Also, maybe you did not read the link, but the article is not about the man who owns the hotel not allowing gays and lesbians to sleep in his hotel. There is no indication that he does this, since I imagine it would be difficult to do, since friends/siblings/etc of the same gender often find it easier to share a hotel room and gay people “look just like everyone else.”

PS: Do you have special vision goggles that allow you to see whether someone is into deviant sexual practices? Otherwise, how would you know?

You’ve got it now…it’s all in the eye of the beholder.

PS: Do you have special vision goggles that allow you to see whether someone is into deviant sexual practices? Otherwise, how would you know?

Yes, they are issued at special meetings…that’s how they know that someone is an active homosexual even though they’ve never spoken to them or even met them.

You’ve got it now…it’s all in the eye of the beholder.

Not everything! There are certain things in life that should not become relative truths just because thats the way the majority is heading.
How you look in the mirror? Great example of "in the eye of the beholder!"
Marriage? A sacrement between a man and a women.

Um…the comment I was responding to was that one group’s righteous boycott was another group’s terrorism.

Please read the entire post before you quote and attribute opinions to others that they do not hold.

Then when you refer to one thing make sure you state it because you said “IT’S ALL.” Am I right? :slight_smile:

sure, fine, whatever…anyone who doesn’t agree absolutely that ALL Catholic boycotts are absolutely correct and ALL other boycotts are terrorism is obviously a same sex marriage advocate who by the way also wants people to be able to marry their dogs, cats and fish.:rolleyes:

Sometimes I really am convinced that I’ve been dropped into some kind of Black/White universe when I read here.

Good, now we agree on something : “All Catholic boycotts are absolutely correct.” :slight_smile: I’m just kidding with you.

I don’t believe in the whole “Gay Agenda.” If in the future such issues (polygomous marriage or animal marriage) present themselves then we will be there to defend our faith and the Church’s teaching on them, but to assume anything now is just prejudice. Here and now I am showing support to Doug Manchester for standing up for his Faith.

St. Michael the Archangel, pray for us.
Giliana

I’ve got no issues with a private business owner making decisions about who he serves and doesn’t serve-but if he’s going to do that he can’t complain when he gets backlash for it. Even people who are apathetic on issues regarding gay rights will find the idea that a business will not serve certain customers repugnant.

Did you read the article?

The sexual deviant activists are targeting his business because he donated money to support a petition drive to get a measure on the November ballot. They are attacking him, and other contributors, because they do not like his politics. No one has seriously accused him of discriminating against those who suffer from the mental illness of sexual deviancy. It is the sexual deviants who hate him because he does not agree with them.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.