gay son

Please guide my son to make the right decisions concerning his sexuality. He told me today he is gay and wants to leave the church because of their stand on this issue. Please pray for my son. He is a good person always attended church and had high morals. I am worried about his path.

• You, your son and your family will be in my prayers. Bless you, blue*

thank you so much for your prayers

You are in my prayers.

I would also challenge your son to explain to you what the church's teaching is on homosexuality. My guess is that it not a correct belief. Many homosexuals feel that the church is somehow anti-gay.

Here is the link to the section of the Catechism dealing with homosexuality. I would encourage you to read it and share it with your son, particularly paragraphs 2357-2359, though those paragraphs are best understand in the context of the entire section.

I will also pray for you and your family, and also all of the lost souls and everyone in situations similar to your family's. God bless. Xoxo :gopray2:

*Holy Mother, please intercede for us.
Aid the helpless, strengthen the fearful,
hold the sorrowful, help those sick, in pain or suffering,
comfort those needing peace, console the lonely,
assist the lost and confused,
guide us from evil, guard the unborn,
protect those in danger, pray for those who have died;
may all who keep your sacred commemoration
experience the might of your assistance.
Amen. *

Storming heaven!
I'm praying, God Bless :signofcross::byzsoc:

Praying!

I will pray a decade for you tonight. I think all devout parents have a lingering fear of this happening to our own child.

Please, take the time to read through the following site, and then share it with your child.

couragerc.net/

Being homosexual is, in itself, not evil. It is the physical homosexual act that is. Chastity will allow for a moral life for your child. I no way is he/she unwelcome in the church, it is important to explain this.

God bless you and your family.

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be
Thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done,
on earth, as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our
daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we
forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us
not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

[quote="Fleens, post:1, topic:292928"]
Please guide my son to make the right decisions concerning his sexuality. He told me today he is gay and wants to leave the church because of their stand on this issue. Please pray for my son. He is a good person always attended church and had high morals. I am worried about his path.

[/quote]

He is not gay.
Now, it is fashion to declare oneself gay. Maybe he has got some homosexual tendencies that could be solved if he realizes where they came from (lack of a father figure, childhood trauma, or else).
To declare oneself gay is to think of "gayness" as an immutable state to where one goes and from where one cannot exit.
As far as I am concerned, homosexuality is not genetic and it is reversible.

*Holy Mother, please intercede for us.
Aid the helpless, strengthen the fearful,
hold the sorrowful, help those sick, in pain or suffering,
comfort those needing peace, console the lonely,
assist the lost or confused, guard the unborn,
protect those in danger, guide us from evil,
pray for those who have died; may all who keep your sacred
commemoration experience the might of your assistance.
Amen. *

Remembering you and your son in my daily prayers. God bless!

Thank you My heart is full

Our Father, which art in Heaven
Hollowed be thy name
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done
On earth as it is in Heaven

Give us this day, our daily bread
And forgive us our trespasses
As we forgive those who trespass agaisnt us

Lead us not into temptation
But deliver us from evil
Amen

Oh, my Jesus
Forgive us our sins
Save us from the fires of hell
And lead all souls to Heaven
Especially those in most need of thy mercy
Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace
The Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou amongst women
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus

Holy Mary, Mother of God
Pray for sinners
Now and at the hour of our deaths
Amen

Glory be to The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit
As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be
World without end
Amen

[quote="HisIsTheCrown, post:12, topic:292928"]
He is not gay.
Now, it is fashion to declare oneself gay. Maybe he has got some homosexual tendencies that could be solved if he realizes where they came from (lack of a father figure, childhood trauma, or else).
To declare oneself gay is to think of "gayness" as an immutable state to where one goes and from where one cannot exit.
As far as I am concerned, homosexuality is not genetic and it is reversible.

[/quote]

Fleen, if you follow the above advice then you will only alienate your son.
You probably already know this, but homosexuality is not caused by lack of a father figure or trauma. You are not the cause of what is happening to him.
If your son has been a faithful Catholic as you have described, he has probably already tried and failed to change his sexuality. If you pressure him to change, he will feel like you do not think he is a good enough son as he is. Rather than trying to become straight, he will withdraw from you.
If he has fully made up his mind to leave the Church, then encouraging him to join Courage or a similar group will have the same effect, even if these groups do not try to "pray the gay away."
Your son has shown a lot of trust and courage confiding this in you. By telling you, he took the risk that you would reject him for his sexuality or his loss of faith. The worst thing you could do right now is to listen to what others tell you about him, and not what he is telling you.
I sincerely hope that you and your son are able to work through this.

Thank you. My heart is breaking. I love my son and he knows it. My husband as well. He told me God made him like this. I don't understand why a loving God can make this happen. My son does not want to be alone, but in a loving relationship. I ask myself why can't he have this. My political and religious beliefs are in turmoil. I was always a very conservative catholic. I pray to our Blessed lady for a miracle.

I pray that your son has the strength to follow his heart and truth and be the wonderful person he is meant to be.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.