George Tiller Found Not Guilty of Violating State Late-Term Abortion Laws

George Tiller Found Not Guilty of Violating State Late-Term Abortion Laws

Wichita, KS – Infamous late-term abortion practitioner George Tiller has been found not guilty of violating Kansas laws requiring a second physician to independently verify that the abortions are supposedly medically necessary. Tiller had relied
on an employee to justify the late-term abortions.

Story at: LifeNews.com/state3998.html

Receive the LifeNews.com Pro-Life News Report via email daily or
weekly at no cost. Email news@lifenews.com with the message
"subscribe daily" or “subscribe weekly.”

I feel sick to my stomach…:stretcher:

So do I!!! I just can’t believe this!!!

:bigyikes:

:hypno:

:banghead:

:takethat:

:crying:

:signofcross:

:gopray2:

He was using a doctor on his payroll as a second opinion which violates the law, how was he found not guilty?:mad:

What is worse, that woman was not actually a licensed doctor!

The prosecutors did a very poor job. (on purpose?)

What rpp said. This is just awful. How is it possible that that man was found not guilty? How?! This is just sickening. I feel like this entire nation is truly lost. We have truly lost our way when someone so clearly guilty can be found not guilty. This is just a horrendous miscarriage of justice. BUT, make no mistake. God’s justice WILL prevail and woe to “Dr.” Tiller then.

Noah’s time, meet ours. :frowning:

Sigh. I suppose you are right. Perhaps it is time to start buying up some acreage in eastern Oregon.

This is more diagnostic than anything else. It holds up a mirror to show us who we really are.

Well, the standards for a criminal trial can be pretty high, as we have seen in several unsuccessful murder prosecutions.

The state medical board is trying to lift the doctor’s license and they have a lower threshold for proof.

Hi -

I don’t believe it was on purpose… I’ve been following the coverage through Operation Rescue and they seemed very supportive of the prosecution in all their news coverage. Here is one:operationrescue.org/archives/tiller-found-not-guilty/

*Cheryl Sullenger, Senior Policy Advisor for Operation Rescue releases the following statement:

We must remember that these are the weakest charges that could have been brought by the state. There were thirty criminal charges filed by former Attorney General Phill Kline, which were much stronger that were dismissed on jurisdictional grounds without having been considered on their merits. While we are disappointed by the verdict, we are far from surprised.

We thank Assistant Attorney General Barry Disney for the job that he tried to do. He did the best he could with the hand he was dealt. We wish he had been dealt a stronger hand. We are committed to continuing our efforts to bring Tiller to justice and we are confident that justice will one day prevail.

Small consolation, but at least this is something…

"It’s Not Over: Tiller Charged With 11 Counts by KSBHA
Tiller could still lose his medical license

WICHITA, Kans., Mar. 27 /Christian Newswire/ – Just after a jury in Sedgwick County, Kansas, returned not guilty verdicts in the criminal case against late-term abortionist George Tiller, the Kansas State Board of Healing Arts released to the public a petition it filed in December listing eleven allegations against Tiller’s license."…

Full article: christiannewswire.com/news/356909876.html

Another source: lifesitenews.com/ldn/2009/mar/09032718.html

Another source, this one secular:

"Jury finds Tiller not guilty
State Board of Healing Arts releases new complaint

By The Associated Press
March 27, 2009

WICHITA - One of the nation’s few late-term abortion providers was acquitted Friday of misdemeanor charges stemming from procedures he performed, but moments after the verdict was announced the state’s medical board announced it was investigating similar allegations against him." …

Full article: cjonline.com/news/state/2009-03-27/jury_finds_tiller_not_guilty

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.