Georgia Town Shuts Down Strip Joint Despite Court Orders Protecting the Club

By John-Henry Westen LAVONIA, August 5, 2008 (LifeSiteNews.com) - Town residents in Lavonia, Georgia cheered and gave a standing ovation to Mayor Ralph Owens this week as the town purchased a strip joint in order to shut it down. The strip club, Café Risque opened in 2001 after representing…

Full article…

Wow… a politician who did the right thing for the better of the community. Kudos to Mayor Ralph Owens :clapping: :tiphat:

Maybe he’ll run for president someday.

Paul

Pretty clever. And they didn’t have to defy the law.

I would have been against simply defying the court; as soon as people start defying the law to do the right thing, then anything goes, right or not.

Congrats to the city leaders on their clever resolution of the problem.

It is our right and duty to disobey “Positive Law” (including judicial rulings) that go against God’s Natural law. You may not like it, but it is the truth.

On the contrary, an unjust law is no law at all. Positive human law adheres to Natural Law.

The article states only that a third party purchased the land and burned it down. It just happened to be the Mayor.

This has nothing to do with courts.Any of us can buy anything and burn it down…if local regulations permit. And, as always, there are two sides to that sword.

This side, I happen to applaud.

John

Lavonia is near my place. It is a small farm town. I didn’t know that there is a strip club there.

In internet terminology, this constitutes to 0wnage.

I’m happy :smiley:

It is our right and duty to disobey “Positive Law” (including judicial rulings) that go against God’s Natural law. You may not like it, but it is the truth.

Well, then, if you believe that it applies to such things, come to Dallas. I’ve got scores of those places I’d like you to burn down. You have a right and a duty to do it, right?

C’mon down.

Read the article again, the only thing that was burned was the signs which were torn off the building.

Also, I never said, oppose by committing acts of violence like arson. What I am talking about is ignoring and opposing the implementation and enforcement of the “Positive Laws” that are in violation of God’s Natural Law.

BTW. For those who do not understand. “Positive Law” is man-made laws both just and unjust.

It was located on an exit off I85. Easy access for truckers and travelers, I guess.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.