German Pope, German Catholics

Hello,

I just wanted to ask any German catholics or German-American catholics...

What is it like having a German Pope? Does it mean anything special to you? Does it increase your faith in any way?

I can't imagine there ever being an American pope, but if there was, I think it would be cool for me living in America. Like maybe I could relate to him more or something.

Just wondering!

Why would you ask that? Do you really think the faith of Germans is so weak they need a German Pope to strengthen it. I think that’s an insult to our German friends.

[quote="Garyjohn2, post:1, topic:183181"]
Hello,
What is it like having a German Pope? Does it mean anything special to you? Does it increase your faith in any way?
!

[/quote]

it is doubly exciting for me, in that my heritage is German, and I am also a Benedictine Oblate. Also, Joseph, his given name, is a special patron saint of our familty. I don't live in Germany and don't know anyone who does, but I still cannot find or imagine any offensive construction on OP's question.

I love it :D. The Irish, Spanish, Latinos, Italians and Polish all brag about how their faith is the strongest and is most devout. But we have got the Pope!!!:smiley: Benedict Der Bayer!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.