Geste of the Great King

Pax et Bonum! I have been reading how St Francis of Assisi compiled psalms and prayers which were originally called Prayers of the Cross and used by St Clare of Assisi also. For many years these prayers were used by Franciscans but also laity, especially in Third or Secular Orders.

Eventually and not that long ago, the use of this prayer book went by the wayside and now it has been revised by 2 Franciscan Friars and is being used again. I wondered if anyone has heard of the now called, Geste of the Great King or Office of the Passion and had any comments about it. Yesterday, I was at a meeting and a woman asked me about this book and I was quite surprised, so I guess the word is spreading. I have 2 copies of my own, which I have not made much use of and have decided to give her one. angeltime[BIBLEDRB][/BIBLEDRB]

I’ve been a Franciscan for umpteen years & have never heard of it - at least not by that name. I’ll have to look into it.

Pax et Bonum! I am also a Franciscan and was surprised to find out about this book, however so much has been laid aside and apparently this was one of those things. Now, it has been revised and some are starting to make use of it again. God bless, angeltime[BIBLEDRB][/BIBLEDRB]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.