Today, Aug. 2, don’t forget to stop by a parish church and recite (out loud, though you can whisper) one Our Father and the Creed.
This will earn you a plenary indulgence under the “usual conditions”:
- be in a state of grace when you do the work
- go to confession within 20 days before or after
- one Holy Communion within a couple of days
- pray for the intentions of the Holy Father, and
- have no attachment to sin, even venial sin.
If you don’t fulfill all the conditions, then you will get a partial, but God decides how much partial, so since you could get a 90 percent or even 99 percent, just do your best.
You can keep the indulgence for yourself or ask God to give it to a poor soul in Purgatory, such as a deceased relative of yours.
I almost forgot but fortunately read Catholic Culture and remembered
don’t miss this opportunity