Get ready for the Da Vinci Clone Wars

Of course …

news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051213/ap_en_ot/books_cashing_in_on_the_code

If you didn’t click, the story is about all the “Da Vinci Code” copy-cats that are coming out around the release of the movie … as if you needed any more warning to start beefing up on this subject. After all, I think enough of us have seen that the “it’s just fiction” line doesn’t have a whole lot of weight behind it anymore.

So, not only are they stomping on a faith with impunity, but these authors can’t even come up with their own story line.

Should be a fun year of conversations with our “enlightened” friends and relatives.

[quote=awfulthings9]Of course …

news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051213/ap_en_ot/books_cashing_in_on_the_code

If you didn’t click, the story is about all the “Da Vinci Code” copy-cats that are coming out around the release of the movie … as if you needed any more warning to start beefing up on this subject. After all, I think enough of us have seen that the “it’s just fiction” line doesn’t have a whole lot of weight behind it anymore.

So, not only are they stomping on a faith with impunity, but these authors can’t even come up with their own story line.

Should be a fun year of conversations with our “enlightened” friends and relatives.
[/quote]

This might be a good thing. Maybe if people start to see a slew of fictional copy-cats, they’ll finally understand that “The Da Vinci Code” was fiction. The more an idea gets put into fictional stories and examined, the more opportunity there is for people to realize what a dumb idea it was to start with. Also, this time around, there are more resources out there presenting the real historical evidence, so that when folks get curious, they’ll be able to find something more than just a couple of conspiracy theory books written by nuts.

Actually, I used to be a fan of a comic book mini-series called “Rex Mundi” that explored the whole “Holy Blood, Holy Grail” issue. Fortunately, they had the good sense to make it an actually interesting story, set in an interesting world that was unmistakably fictional. They made it clear from the outset that they didn’t actually believe in any of it but just found it an interesting premise for fiction.

Haha! I can’t stop laughing. I just finished the article, and they had the gall to call “The Da Vinci Code” “fact-based fiction.”

Hey, this sounds like there is good money in it…I think I’ll write a book as well…hmmm…

Flesh eating Catholic Frog’s from Mars!

Chapter 1: Bob and Joe are looking at a book, when suddenly Joe shouts, “I get it!”

Chapter 2: “Comander, we have a problem,” said first mate Smith

“What is it Private?” asked Comander Smarthblat.

“Our doom is upon us!” shouted Smithy.

Chapter 3: “Bob, don’t you see, this is the answer to the code, it’s all clear now!”

Chapter 4: It was a dark and dismal night in Hawaii.

Chapter 5: The Vat’s evil amphibious minions take over the world! Everyone dies. The End.

Apendix: This book contains nothing but the TRUTH! For proof see my website.

[quote=Lady Cygnus]Hey, this sounds like there is good money in it…I think I’ll write a book as well…hmmm…

Flesh eating Catholic Frog’s from Mars!

Chapter 1: Bob and Joe are looking at a book, when suddenly Joe shouts, “I get it!”

Chapter 2: “Comander, we have a problem,” said first mate Smith

“What is it Private?” asked Comander Smarthblat.

“Our doom is upon us!” shouted Smithy.

Chapter 3: “Bob, don’t you see, this is the answer to the code, it’s all clear now!”

Chapter 4: It was a dark and dismal night in Hawaii.

Chapter 5: The Vat’s evil amphibious minions take over the world! Everyone dies. The End.

Apendix: This book contains nothing but the TRUTH! For proof see my website.
[/quote]

Dude, that sounds awesome! Do you want a co-author? I have a minor in English and am therefore more than qualified to help misinterpret or make up any historical evidence and then write a sub-par novel based on that evidence.

[quote=Kristina P.]Dude, that sounds awesome! Do you want a co-author? I have a minor in English and am therefore more than qualified to help misinterpret or make up any historical evidence and then write a sub-par novel based on that evidence.
[/quote]

Perfect, because I can’t write good :stuck_out_tongue: Now all we need is a publisher and were set for the big bucks :smiley:

I recommend getting “The Faith of the Early Fathers.” It does a fantastic job of showing and allowing you to read the early Fathers themselves and seeing what was believed and accepted by the Early Church Fathers.

closed #7

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.