Getting Ready???

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

Only two Sundays left in this Church Year. Nov. 23 is the Feast of Christ the King and the following Sunday is the First Sunday in Advent – the beginning of a new Church Year. During Advent, we begin again preparing for Christ’s Birth --pondering and living His life death, resurrection and ascension until He comes again in Glory at the end of time.

Are we “Getting Ready” ???

By God’s Grace, I hope many of us are. Some, I know are preparing as St. Louis De Montfort suggests with 33 Days to consecrate or reconsecrate themselves to Jesus through Mary on Dec. 8 the Feast of her Immaculate Conception. Others perhaps are less concerned with spiritual things, but the Church in her wisdom reminds us we are here on earth only a short time. We are destined for an eternal home.

Each new liturgical year, we ponder the beautiful mysteries of Jesus and Mary, and to a lesser extent but importantly St. Joseph, learning by the power of the Holy Spirit, to be meek and humble of heart, worthy sons and daughters of our Heavenly Father.

What a nice reminder to ‘get readly’. Nice post.
Mary.

Agreed! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Oh yes I love this time of year.

I like this time of the year, except for the weather. Ok, ok, so I’m a little selfish here. The Church’s liturgical year is something I’m still trying to make a part of my every day life. I could say a lot of things right now, but I don’t want to spoil the joy of the season.

Dear Mary, and Snow Angels,

Thanks for your replies. May Our Lady intercede for us all, preparing us as she prepared herself to receive Jesus in His First Coming. No matter how lowly we are, even as the poor manger which held her Child, her presence makes everything more beautiful. :slight_smile:

Dear chero,

Thanks for your reply. Care to be more specific? What in particular do you love about this time of year?

Dear Christi Beth,

Thanks for your reply. Of course, different parts of the world have different kinds of weather during the liturgical seasons, but the cold of our winter months says something to me about the desire of God to send His Son, to be is Love Incarnate into the darkness and coldness of a world in such desperate need of Him.

The liturgical year is a way to help us appreciate the Life of Christ from His birth on earth through infancy, and all the stages of growth into perfect manhood through His pubic ministry, His Passion, Death, Resurrection, and Ascension into Glory. The beauty of Easter occurring in the springtime is another “visual” if you will that nature gives us in the flowers coming to life after the cold winter.

The Mass readings each day can be a big help in reminding us of the Liturgical Year, especially on Sundays, but even as we celebrate the Feasts of Saints and special commemorations like All Saints and All Souls in November can point us toward our Eternal destiny. Feasts of Our Lady are special to me also.

I don’t think it is so selfish to be conscious of how we can suffer with extreme weather. It is hard for many of us, yet like all trials God permits things to enable us to grow in faith, hope and above all charity. I’m happy to know you are trying to make the Liturgical year a part of your daily life for that is a way to make Christ and Mary more a part of your life also.

Thanks again, for your reply, and whenever you’d like to say more, please do. :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.