"Giant Condoms" to promote animal birth control

montgomeryadvertiser.com/article/20100526/NEWS/100526011/+Giant+condoms++to+promote+animal+birth+control

Full article…

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals will hold a demonstration Thursday featuring two members dressed as giant condoms to promote the spaying and neutering of pets.

The two will be dressed as one pink and one blue condom holding signs reading, “Dogs Can’t Use Condoms: Spay and Neuter!” and “Condoms Won’t Work: Fix Your Cat!”

They will be at the corner of Monroe and McDonough streets starting at noon handing out leaflets on animal birth control.

“If cats and dogs could wear condoms, millions of animals would be spared from suffering and death. But they can’t — so it’s up to their guardians to take responsibility for spaying and neutering.” PETA campaigner Virginia Fort said in a statement.

– Scott Johnson

PETA :rolleyes:

Sometimes I think that there are people who actually sit around and brainstorm how they can put on the most tasteless possible promotions. It's difficult to imagine that things get this bad purely by accident or thoughtlessness. :rolleyes:

It reminds me of the Beneton ads.

[quote="Soutane, post:3, topic:200353"]
It reminds me of the Beneton ads.

[/quote]

I haven't noticed them in a really long time. I have a feeling they may have been banned, around here.

[quote="gam197, post:1, topic:200353"]
montgomeryadvertiser.com/article/20100526/NEWS/100526011/+Giant+condoms++to+promote+animal+birth+control

PETA :rolleyes:

[/quote]

Wait, WHUT?!

I thought it was us humans who were a 'cancer on the planet' and we are supposed to limit our numbers to make way for the wonders of oh, maybe goats.

:nope:

In Newfoundland, whenever the stupid PETA protests against the seal hunt, a big dog goes and smacks pie in their faces…yum, I can’t help but think what a waste of good pie…on the PETA. But, it’s worth the sacrifice!

I wonder how they feel about China?

May I know what exactly it is you and other posters on here have against this particular campaign against PETA’s? Yes the organisation is at best silly and an embarrassment to people who love animals everywhere however is it neutering animals or something else in the campaign that you take issue with? Iam not trying to antagonise, just an honest question.

Also not to derail the thread too much, but I ve always wanted to ask a good, sensible person who supports seal hunting about the necessity of it. Im not sure if you support the hunt or you just dont like PETA protesting? Not trying to start an argument, just interested in hearing what exactly is bad about Peta’s latest campaign and also what you think (if you do think so) is beneficial about clubbing seals.

Thanks

As I have Inuit family members, let me respond. Most of the Inuit survive by hunting. There are settlements, and there are “city jobs,” but not enough for every member of the population - yet, they all must be fed, warmly clothed, and warmly housed. The climate is such that the life of a homeless person is out of the question.

They eat seal meat, caribou, and various kinds of sea creatures. They also sell the furs of these animals, and get flour, sugar, and other staples, along with money to pay for heating and housing, with the money they earn.

Without the hunt, most of those people would be on welfare.

They are not just clubbing seals for the fun of it, or just to be mean. They do so because the seal meat is good to eat, the fur is soft and warm for clothing (gun shot or spearing damages the fur, and makes it unsuitable to make into clothing) and allows them to be self-sufficient, rather than depend on government handouts. It also keeps them busy and out of the bars - which is always a good thing, no matter who you are. :slight_smile:

Oh, goody. It wouldn’t be a party without PETA.

Maybe if you looked up some of their philosophies, you’d see what they really stand for.

[quote="Sailor_Kenshin, post:9, topic:200353"]
Oh, goody. It wouldn't be a party without PETA.

Maybe if you looked up some of their philosophies, you'd see what they really stand for.

[/quote]

Maybe if you read my posts you might notice that I was not defending PETA itself, as you seem to imply I was. In fact if you are implying that Iam a part of PETA since I deign to question any opposition to them, then I must go as far as to say that im even offended. One does not need to be a part of PETA to be concerned for animals.

What bothers me about this beside the condoms is that PETA thinks that animals are on equal ground with humans. Many of them and many in the USA really believe this so it only makes sense that this promotion makes sense to them.

Animals are as smart as humans but aren't equipped and don't know how to use condoms but if they could they would use them and prevent overpopulation unlike humans who are dumb and overpopulate.:banghead:

[quote="JaneGrey, post:10, topic:200353"]
Maybe if you read my posts you might notice that I was not defending PETA itself, as you seem to imply I was. In fact if you are implying that Iam a part of PETA since I deign to question any opposition to them, then I must go as far as to say that im even offended. One does not need to be a part of PETA to be concerned for animals.

[/quote]

PETA has nothing to do with 'concern' for animals and everything to do with pagan eugenics.

They could not care less if Inuits starve. Neither do any of these Gaia-worshipping, miserable, unhappy souls.

I actually agree with you. Dont know about Gaia worshipping souls or how unhappy they are, as I ve never met any.

[quote="JaneGrey, post:11, topic:200353"]

I understand the Inuits' need for seal meat, though I still cannot fathom how clubbing them to death is literally the one and only way to preserve the meat and fur.

[/quote]

Seals are relatively small, and it would take an incredible marksman to spear or shoot one dead on the first try. Clubbing is actually faster and more humane, as well as causing less damage to the fur.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.