Gift certificates for Planned Parenthood

My heart sank when I saw this. I found the link to this story on the CNN web site under the headline, “Gift Certificates also cover abortions”.

For the first time, Planned Parenthood in Indiana is offering gift certificates. The organization said a big increase in calls and visits from newly unemployed and uninsured Hoosiers prompted what it calls the unusual, yet practical gift option.

“People are making really tough decisions about putting gas in their car and food on their table, so we know that many women especially put healthcare at the bottom of their list to do,” said Chrystal Struben-Hall, Vice President of Planned Parenthood of Indiana.

{snip}

Some Hoosiers 24-Hour News 8 talked to asked if the gift certificates could be used towards abortions. The answer is yes. But, Planned Parenthood said that’s not the purpose of the gift certificates.

Full story here.

Primarily they would be used for birth control. A no-no for Catholics, but not for just about everyone else out there. Birth control can be expensive and the last thing a struggling family needs is another member to feed, clothe, provide healthcare for, require the mother to take time out of her work and thus lose money…

Here’s a quote from the Lifenews.com story on the subject as well as the link to the story:

"Indianapolis, IN (LifeNews.com) – In what could easily become the most offensive Christmas offer ever a Planned Parenthood affiliate is offering Christmas gift certificates. Purchasers can use them to give the gift of abortion even though the group claims that’s not its purpose or intent.

“Looking for an unusual, yet practical gift this holiday season? Planned Parenthood of Indiana (PPIN) is now offering gift certificates for services or the recipient’s choice of birth control method,” the abortion business says. …"

Link: lifenews.com/state3669.html

Some Hoosiers 24-Hour News 8 talked to asked if the gift certificates could be used towards abortions. The answer is yes. But, Planned Parenthood said that’s not the purpose of the gift certificates.

Struben-Hall said, “They really are intended for preventative healthcare. We decided not to put restrictions on the gift certificates so it’s for whatever people feel they need the services for most.”

I’m not sure I understand? Why isn’t that the purpose? Don’t they believe abortion is a crucial right for women? :frowning: Why distance themselves from it if it’s OK?

Nothing says Merry Christmas like a gift certificate from PP!

Nothing promotes the “reason for the season” like promoting killing babies…fa lalala…lala…la…la

Now that is a Stocking Stuffer

lol

commercial should be
"For the one special girl who is a Hoe Hoe Hoe."

God Bless

EC:thumbsup:

I wonder when they’ll come out with gift certificates for assisted suicide clinics.

Well now - as much as I totally hate and despise PP, your “commercial” is truly in extremely poor taste. The women and girls who go to these clinics are not whores. The vast majority of them are women who have either made very bad choices in their lives, or have never been educated to know that they have anywhere else to turn. And even more of their patients are those who do not go there for abortions but for low cost health care, unaware that there are other options available to them.

To cast these women as whores is totally inappropriate and even hateful. :mad:

~Liza

(psst: I think he just meant that, to give the gift would be in extremely poor taste because, some people might take it as a suggestion that the recipient is promiscuous.)

Promiscuity no longer carries the social stigma it once did. Which is a terrible shame, promiscuity is a very bad thing.

Contraception is a sin for anyone.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.