Gift Idea for Godchild: Female, 14

We want a faith-based gift in addition to what we will give her for Christmas. We would like an appropriate, well-made film or book. She is very mature for her age and enjoys reading. My wife and I already have Bella, October Baby, For Greater Glory, Therese, Padre Pio: Miracle Man, and the Catholicism Series but want to know of anything else that we may be missing. Thank you.

While it’s not Catholic per se, the movie “Facing the Giants” is a great choice – it’s been years since I’ve seen it, but it was incredibly moving. It’s made by the same group that did “Fireproof” with Kirk Cameron (a great movie for married couples, BTW).

Also the series that began with “Love Comes Softly” was a great series – there’s about seven movies, I believe. Again, not Catholic per se; but a great movie with a great message. Very similar feel to the Little House series.

Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

At most religious stores, there is good religious themed jewelry that is actually fashionable but not too overtly religious. Get her a wooden saint bracelet. You can get them at the mall. They are bracelets made of wood with pictures of Jesus, Mary and other various saints glazed on them. They are really popular, for both genders, I have three, because they are inexpensive (about $5.00)super comfortable, and a great statement of faith. I literally never take mine off.

:rose:Our lady of Guadalupe, pray for us​:rose:

How about a book about a young saint? E.g st maria goretti?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.