Gift of Prophecy

I know someone who as proclaimed he has the gift of prophecy. What exactly does that mean? Can one proclaim himself? He is a very devoted Lutheran. Also, he states having severe objections to the Catholic Church. Much basis comes from proclaimations of the Council of Trent where the Pope is an intermediator, scripture and tradition cannot stand alone. The Sacraments give God’s grace ( which we were already given through Jesus). Please help. I thought I was moving the the right path back to the Church and there are so many questions and doubts.

[quote=Susan1991]I know someone who as proclaimed he has the gift of prophecy. What exactly does that mean? Can one proclaim himself? He is a very devoted Lutheran. Also, he states having severe objections to the Catholic Church. Much basis comes from proclaimations of the Council of Trent where the Pope is an intermediator, scripture and tradition cannot stand alone. The Sacraments give God’s grace ( which we were already given through Jesus). Please help. I thought I was moving the the right path back to the Church and there are so many questions and doubts.
[/quote]

God would not send his servant to bring you the spirit of confusion. The Catholic Church is totally valid. I am not a ‘prophet’ but I will tell you from the heart that I was a protestant my whole life and hated the Catholic Church. God showed me that the Eucharist was valid and I am converting to the right Church. CC has been around for thousands of years, trust in there experience or you will be forced to pick from over 20,000 protestant denominations and hope your right.

-D

Thank you for your reply. How do I refute/explain “infalible works” such as the Council of Trent when they claim some incredible things?

[quote=Susan1991]Thank you for your reply. How do I refute/explain “infalible works” such as the Council of Trent when they claim some incredible things?
[/quote]

I’m still new as a Catholic so I am quite certain some of the theological masters here can better answer your questions. Try out some of this material in this link on Catholic Answers. There is alot of great information on this site.

catholic.com/library/church_papacy.asp

-D

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.