Gift Suggestion for RCIA Graduate

My wife is graduating from RCIA tomorrow night and I would like to pick up something small and simple for her as a gift. Any recommendations? The easy thing would be a cross to wear but I gave her one over a year ago when she decided to join the church and she wears it all the time. I would like to get her something different.

Any one have any suggestions?

Does she have her own Rosary? That seems simple and appropriate. You could go to a bookstore or online and let her pick out one she finds beautiful.

Or, if she’s not as close to Mary . . . maybe a prayer book? Or a missal?

My RCIA sponsor is giving me a weekend at a retreat house as my gift. That might be good too.

They actually gave her a rosary, a cross, and a bible as well as a couple of other books. Its been a great program. But that’s why I’ve been struggling with a gift for her.

What about a little cross to always wear as jewelry?

Or if she’s taking the name of a particular saint at her Confirmation, maybe a medal of that specific saint as jewelry?

Christian Prayer (and the promise to pray the office with her every day)

amazon.com/Christian-Prayer-Catholic-Book-Publishing/dp/0899424066/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1270235642&sr=8-2

A medal of her Confirmation Saint to wear with her cross would also be nice.

The medal is a great idea!! I love it. thanks!

I am a sponsor and I am giving my candidate a silver rosary bracelet with her Confirmation saints medal.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.