Gift to Priest for Convalidation?

Now that all you wonderful people helped me firgure out what was going to happen at my ceremony tomorrow I need to know what a standard gift to my Priest would be? I am going to give him a card with a monatary gift but wasn’t sure what was appropriate. If you guys could help me once again I would be so grateful.

Thanks a bunch
Inkits :confused:

Hmm… I think we gave our priest $50. He took a lot of time to work with us on our issues and we really appreciated that.

Congrats on your validation.

We gave our priest $100.00 when he baptized our three children.

Scout :tiphat:

From knowing my priest for 3 years, I kew he was a huge Wizard of Oz fan.
I found for him a book celebrating the 50 year anniversary of the making of that movie and inscribed it for him.
He was teary eyed!

[quote=Inkitcresteds]Now that all you wonderful people helped me firgure out what was going to happen at my ceremony tomorrow I need to know what a standard gift to my Priest would be? I am going to give him a card with a monatary gift but wasn’t sure what was appropriate. If you guys could help me once again I would be so grateful.

Thanks a bunch
Inkits :confused:
[/quote]

That kind of gift would be quite appropriate. I usually recommend $50 when someone asks, and then also suggest that they vary that by both their own situation and how much they feel the priest was of help to them and involved in their lives.

In a way, I’m sad to say, even just the card would be more than many give.

Congratulations, again, and God Bless both of you! :blessyou:

What time is your ceremony, tomorrow - I’ll make a point to pray for you both at that time (well, a little before, too, since even the most calm among us can get a little nervous at such important occassions)?

Thank you to everyone!!!
Again what a wonderful group of people you are.

TableServant
Our sevice is Friday Nov 11th at 6 pm. Thank you for the offer of prayers. It is going to be an incredible day for us, well worth the wait. I am also very excited about joining everyone in communion on Sunday, it has been a long 3 years for me.

I am so glad to have found this community.

Thanks everyone
Inkits :thumbsup:

Aww, happy to have you here, Inkits (((hugs))) I’ll say a prayer on Friday that everything goes well. :thumbsup:

$50 sounds good. If he really helped a lot to prepare you, you might also include a little giftie item, maybe something for his hobby.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.