Gifts and Fruits, Virtues and Vices

Hey, I’m working on a chart for my catechism class that shows how many of the Catholic traditional teachings correspond to each other. For example, the gift of wisdom corresponds to the beatitude “blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called children of God” and to the virtue of charity, the sacrament of the Eucharist and the petition to God in the Lord’s prayer that goes “deliver us from evil.”

I am however stuck on finding information on how the Gifts of the Holy Spirit (wisdom, understanding, counsel, fortitude, knowledge, piety and fear of the Lord) correspond to the Fruits of the Holy Spirit (charity, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goddness, generosity, gentleness, faithfulness, modesty, self-control, chastity) and how the three theological and four cardinal virtues (faith, hope, charity, justice, temperance, prudence, and fortitude) correspond to the seven deadly sins/vices (pride, greed, envy, wrath, lust, gluttony and sloth.) Maybe there isn’t any.

It would also help if you give your source. Mostly I’ve been using St. Augustine and St. Thomas.

Thanks!

Here is a spin on the gifts:

Gifts of the Holy Spirit (wisdom, understanding, counsel, fortitude, knowledge, piety and fear of the Lord

Begin with the first, Fear of the Lord, this leads to wisdom, which leads to knowledge, which leads to piety, which leads to understanding, which leads to fortitude or endurance within these to hone your skills and making it sink in solidly within your being, which leads to counsel, for we begin with knowing God at first, developing our relationship with him, he then prepares our heart and mind for the final conclusion of counseling others, as in evangalization, witnessing and instruction, for his gifts are meant for us to share with others.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.