Ginsburg: The Place of Women in the Court

"Frankly I had thought that at the time Roe was decided, there was concern about population growth and particularly growth in populations that we don’t want to have too many of. "

I Ginsburg a Nazi?

nytimes.com/2009/07/12/magazine/12ginsburg-t.html?pagewanted=4

No, you can’t call her a Nazi, because everyone who supports Ginsburg and disagrees with you will dismiss you as an ultra-conservative, right-wing nut case, and ignore the implications of Ginsburg’s own words.

So, if you want to make the point that her response is typical of the pro-choice/pro-birth control crowd who don’t believe all human beings have equal dignity and therefore, should not have guaranteed protection of the law, go ahead and make that point. You are right! But don’t throw around the label “Nazi,” because then no one will take you seriously.

Sorry, you’re right. I’m properly admonished. My emotions got the better of me.

But if you look up other commentaries on her interview, the term eugenics does show up more than once.

Already being discussed in Politics 2009

Thread closed

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.