Girl, 9, to abort twins

I heard this on Catholic Radio this morning.:eek::eek::eek:

I fully recognize on church teaching, but clearly–despite whatever reason this child ovulated at such an early age, this is not good for her.

While I know the final conclusion that the abortion is an emphatic no from a morality standpoint, has the church issued a statement on behalf of this poor child.

I am disgusted with the trauma she went through and I would not suggest aborting to prevent further trauma as it will create a knew horrific and scary trauma…

I am just sad at the biological repercussions for this child. She would have most definitively have a c-section whenever the twins are viable.

But it seems the doctor is providing his expert opinion to defend an abortion.

I can see how this will feed the pro-abortion activists in that she should have no say in this case since she is 9 and not at a viable parenting age by a long shot and should kill her babies.

But I am interested in how the church defends the right of those babies AND the rights of the child who was extremely violated without condoning ending her pregnancy.

(I am sure they will have more on some of the talk shows today, but it was mentioned only as part of a news report with little expanded thoughts on the subject–but I was half asleep when I heard it.)

Even more horrific–they think she is FOUR MONTHS ALONG!

4-6 weeks later, they could c-section the babies and make them wards of the state.

It horrendously is awful what has happened to her–but for Goodness sakes…

This is NOT her choice–she is a minor! If HEAVEN FORBID this happened to my 8 year old daughter and she was THAT far along…how do you explain that HONEY, YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE A SURGERY TO KILL BABIES!

There is no compassionate 9 year old out there who would agree to that and would fully protest.

But I am sure that this child’s diagnosis is maybe being kept from her.

I do not downplay the horrendousness of this story, but how do aborting 16 week old fetuses make it a happy ending for all involved?

How does this heal her?

Why make 3 victims of a crime?

straitstimes.com/Breaking%2BNews/World/Story/STIStory_344927.html

I hadn’t heard of this before. How can a 9 year old be pregnant? I wa 11 when I had my first period. So was my daughter. I’ve doubts about this. I can’t see a 9 year old having her first period, let alone get pregnant.

It happens. I got my first period two weeks before my 9th birthday. Ovulation occurs before the first period. It is possible to get pregnant before ever having a period.

Boys and girls are maturing much faster than two generations ago when my grandmother went through puberty.

Tragically, there are high levels of growth hormones in a lot of South American beef and it is not uncommon for girls to develop early.

To the OPs question…to want to end or prevent the suffering we can only imagine this little girl might have to endure is normal; however, that feeling cannot justify a homicide. No judgment can be passed upon this child should the doctors abort the babies…the judgment rests upon the culture that allows its most innocent members to be killed based upon a perceived fear. As tragic and grotesque as this situation seems to us, the reality remains that those babies inside this child have a beating heart, feel pain, and at minimum have potential. Who are we to deem them unworthy to at least have a chance to fulfill that potential.

Part of this is a weight issue (girls who are more plump will mature sooner–my dd8 has a girl in her class who sadly is already developing breasts).

The other part is there are theories that may appear in meats and dairy products could be a factor.

We use organic milk for that reason. Even if it were bunk, I prefer to err on the side of caution.

I was on the higher end of my weight range but not overweight and I Did not get my first period until 7th grade which was about 12/13.

I understand completely. I just wondered if the church has issued a statement on this most callous story.

To deliver live babies at the earliest of viabilty would not be tantamount to abortion and would be consistent with the medical needs of the child. Clearly the bone structure of a 9 year old cannot carry two babies anywhere remotely close to term.

One can consider dwarfism, but in those cases, typically the torso of the adult is consistent for their adult reproductive needs. (I saw a special with a woman who had no legs and uses a skateboard to get around quickly.) Her baby just grew sideways in her uterus–the doctors said her baby found a way.

But in this child, I can understand the need for premature delivery b/c she hasn’t even finished growing yet. I just would hope that if the church could issue a statement that it would suggest this viable alternative that is consistent with healthy pregnancies in special needs patients.

I don’t comdemn the child. I wonder if she even has a comprehension of what is happening. I could envision that perhaps they tell her that her tummy is sick and they have to remove the booboo.

The lie and deceit involved is tantamount to raping her again IMHO.

I know some people whogot their periods when they were 10/11.

Still, that isn’t 9. When I came across this here, I had a strong urge to want to strangle the person who did this to her. Or, at least use some very foul words.

I know how you feel. But he needs as much help as this little girl does. That is a very lost and sick soul whom God loves despite his heinous sins. Of course it is wrong to say “the devil made him do it” but look, people just don’t act like this without some diabolical pressure.

Offer him the Sacrament of Reconciliation, and then put a bullet in his head.

After he’s convicted and duly sentenced, of course.

– Mark L. Chance.

Offer him the Sacrament of Reconciliation, and then put a bullet in his head.

After he’s convicted and duly sentenced, of course.

– Mark L. Chance.

They should castruate him completely and let him die of blood loss…without Reconciliation…

By his actions a nine year old has been permenantly traumatized, two children have been killed, and the secularized society sees abortion more as a nescesity and the Catholic faith as a backward religion that needs to be done away with.

I litterally saw nothing but comments like “Nuke the Vatican.” “The archbishops should of been aborted.” ect.

Another thing, as for the title I would say nothing is wrong with Satan; he’s seems to be his old normal self. Isn’t it God who knows us before we are concieved, so isn’t it God then who should be asked why he allowed a 9 year old rape victim to have twins; of couse it’ll draw everyone toward the support of Abortion!

Anyways knowing how hated Catholics are by the secular world I can only say that come Armegeddon wheather I get Heaven or Hell, I will make a toast of red wine to the sky knowing that so many seculars get to die a agonizing death.

From, A Hate-filled Catholic…(Oxymoron I know :rolleyes: )

Obviously you guys haven,t heard the storey of saint maria greatii who was stabbed to death by a young man whom was filled with hate as some of you are. Saint Maria forgaqve him before she died and he repented and gave his life to God. Now both are in Heaven. You can’t stop evil with hate.

While it is rare, many factors come into play that can bring about early sexual maturation. Among these are genetics, climate, and nutrition. There is a report of a child in an equitorial area who gave birth at age six, probably a record that certainly does not deserve repeating.

I’m familiar enough with Maria Goretti to spell her name correctly. :stuck_out_tongue:

Her killer Alessandro Serenelli was certainly forgiven, but he was also punished. Punishment is not about stopping “evil with hate.” It’s about justice and protecting society from criminal predators.

– Mark L. Chance.

Today’s readings are comforting and enlightening for Catholics:

Deuteronomy 26: 16 - 19
16 “This day the LORD your God commands you to do these statutes and ordinances; you shall therefore be careful to do them with all your heart and with all your soul.
17 You have declared this day concerning the LORD that he is your God, and that you will walk in his ways, and keep his statutes and his commandments and his ordinances, and will obey his voice;
18 and the LORD has declared this day concerning you that you are a people for his own possession, as he has promised you, and that you are to keep all his commandments,
19 that he will set you high above all nations that he has made, in praise and in fame and in honor, and that you shall be a people holy to the LORD your God, as he has spoken.”

Psalms 119: 1 - 2, 4 - 5, 7 - 8
1 Blessed are those whose way is blameless, who walk in the law of the LORD!
2 Blessed are those who keep his testimonies, who seek him with their whole heart,
4 Thou hast commanded thy precepts to be kept diligently.
5 O that my ways may be steadfast in keeping thy statutes!
7 I will praise thee with an upright heart, when I learn thy righteous ordinances.
8 I will observe thy statutes; O forsake me not utterly!

Matthew 5: 43 - 48
43 "You have heard that it was said, `You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.'
44 But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,
45 so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.
46 For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same?
47 And if you salute only your brethren, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same?
48 You, therefore, must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Another news source claims this poor girl’s father has been molesting her since she was six years old. This may have triggered her early maturation; I’d heard of a similar case some years ago and it seems what happens is, in cases of repeat molestation, the hormones in the semen from the aggressor causes the victim’s body to mature faster.

There was a case in Peru in the 1930s in which a five year old girl was pregnant: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Youngest_mother

RIO DE JANEIRO (March 6) - A 9-year-old girl who was carrying twins, allegedly after being raped by her stepfather, underwent an abortion Wednesday despite complaints from Brazil’s Roman Catholic church.
Police said the stepfather has been jailed since last week.
Abortion is illegal in Brazil, but judges can make exceptions if the mother’s life is in danger or the fetus has no chance of survival.
Fatima Maia, director of the public university hospital where the abortion was performed, said the 15-week-old pregnancy posed a serious risk to the 80-pound girl.
“She is very small. Her uterus doesn’t have the ability to hold one, let alone two children,” Maia told the Jornal do Brasil newspaper…

What a horrific situation. Prayers seem to be the only option at this point + hope that she has been removed from her home & stepfather.

What’s horrific? The rape or the fact she got an abortion?

The former is, the latter… eh.

The roman catholic church complained :confused:

So the roman catholic church would make, force, a nine year old child give birth to twins. :confused:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.