Girl, 9, to abort twins

The Roman Catholic Church would require that the babies at least try to be saved.

By transplant for example.

The babies will be given the chance to live, as the operation itself would be an effort to save them AND the mother.
However, an abortion is the ending of a life (or two in this case) without giving the babies a chance.
Not only does it kill the babies, it scars the mother, spiritually, physically, etc.

THAT is why abortion is condemned and THAT is why there were excommunications.

Is fetus transplantation actually something that happens? :confused:

It could.
But that’s the problem with a society that says “Abort!” first and nothing else. Other options are hardly explored.

You can read the catechism on this subject, actually. I was given a link a while ago that pertained to a similar situation…I could try to find it again

It would be better for the girl than living with the knowledge that her babies were murdered.

Gary

Very true.

And also, its not like its impossible for a young girl to support children in pregnancy.
It will be hard, sure, but of course its RIDICULOUS To ask anyone to suffer at all, even to save lives.

Let me tell you something. MY mother was under 100 lbs when my first little bro was conceived. So you can’t say weight has much to do with it
Now, her uterus was able to handle it, despite the fact that she’s small.

I have younger sisters, and at nine, they are quite small. However, my 11 year old sister weighs under 70 pounds!!! And she’s not that small at all!
(once again supporting that weight isn’t the issue)

and transplantation is possible, too.

There’s no excuse for aborting those babies.
None.

I am immensely interested in this idea. :smiley: Wow!! Could you provide me with a link, or a book, or even the name of a researcher, so I can learn more about it? Amazing.

Thank you!

There is an earlier, and longer, thread on this topic at:

Brazil Church condemns abortion of twins:
forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=317550

So the churchs position is that a child, nine years of age, must go full term and bring 2 babies into the world :confused: I seriously doubt a nine year olds body could even cope with going 9 months in pregnancy, so all 3 lives would be at risk I would imagine.

I am absolutely appalled, no sickened to the pit of my stomach, by this approach.

That poor child hasnt suffered enough being raped by her stepfather, that now the church will condemn all those that helped her.

A ten year old has given birth to twins, 6 weeks premature.

List of Youngest Mothers

She didn’t receive help. They murdered her children.

That is your view. And obviously the view of catholics and the church. It is not my view so I reject the term murdered.

I have no link to give you at the moment!

But I will say that my mother, a doctor, has said that although its not something that happens really with people, it happens with animals. I can ask her for more details.

Must I repeat myself (was it THIS thread where I said this? lol)

A girls body at that age is fully capable. Plus, she’s not really that small if she weighed 80 pounds or so. She weighed a little less than my mother did when she was pregnant with my brother.

I am absolutely appalled, no sickened to the pit of my stomach, by this approach.

Good for you.
But I’m sure you’d rather have the babies ripped out of the girl’s womb with a vaccuum.

I won’t hide it. I’m sickened to the pit of my stomach by YOU.

That poor child hasnt suffered enough being raped by her stepfather, that now the church will condemn all those that helped her.

So I suppose the emotional and physical trauma from the abortion is ok, too?

Also, you’re acting like having babies is a BAD thing. Wow…I can’t imagine how grateful you are to your mother.

BTW, I love how “help her” is synonymous with “Murder her babies” in your thesaurus.
/sarcasm

I have a different point of view on this than you do. Your view is colored by your religion. Fine. Its not my religion.

It is against the forum rules to indulge in personal attacks and personal insults I believe. Your remark above is not acceptable and I believe a break of the forum rules.

If you are a catholic, your display of the legendary catholic charity and good manners is awesome. :rolleyes:

As to your point on capability, ask your mother, the doctor. :rolleyes: Are we all the same? Because one individuals little body could cope at that age, does this mean every nine year old could cope. Of course not!!

I have nothing further to say to you - you are too rude an individual to engage in a discussion with. If you dont accept others have different points of view to yours and you dont want to hear them, then perhaps an internet forum is not the best palce for you to spend your time. Maybe mammy the doctor could read you a story instead.

Oh, bring it on.
I live for this.

Not surprising.
However, science is a wonderful gift for me, as it perfectly compliments my religion.

For example,
My own mother is a doctor, and her medical textbooks clearly state that LIFE BEGINS AT CONCEPTION.
With this (and other information that I won’t bother to write down until things get more interesting here) abortion, that is “The willfull termination of an unborn individual, with a soul, ability to sense pain, and a whole life ahead”. For atheists its actually worse to kill an unborn baby, since this is the only life they believe they have. Robbing someone of it is wrong.

It is against the forum rules to indulge in personal attacks and personal insults I believe. Your remark above is not acceptable and I believe a break of the forum rules.

Hmm…I said you make me sick to my stomach…Did I say that you’re a moron? did I insult your mother?
No.

If you are a catholic, your display of the legendary catholic charity and good manners is awesome. :rolleyes:

oh don’t give me that bull.
I’m not the type to just roll over and play nice.
If you want to kick it up a bit, I’m game. But don’t act like its wrong for a Catholic to aggressively defend an issue.

As to your point on capability, ask your mother, the doctor. :rolleyes: Are we all the same? Because one individuals little body could cope at that age, does this mean every nine year old could cope. Of course not!!

Mocking my mother? heh
Bring it on.
Nope, we’re not all the same. But as I said, the evidence supports me, as the girl was over 80 pounds. Go find that link someone provided before. I’m sure its got something for you.

I have nothing further to say to you - you are too rude an individual to engage in a discussion with. If you dont accept others have different points of view to yours and you dont want to hear them, then perhaps an internet forum is not the best palce for you to spend your time. Maybe mammy the doctor could read you a story instead.

Hehehe
Feeling threatened?
That happens quite a bit when someone is so insecure with their argument that they have to back out.
I’m rude? In THIS post, maybe…but I’m answering rudeness with assertion. Before…Not so much. That further proves that you’ve got nothing else to say.
I can accept that others have different viewpoints (though I wonder why you’re on a Catholic forum if you disagree. Troll maybe?) I’ve got plenty of friends with other religions, or none at all.
I could listen to your points all day and all night.
I’ll still be able to answer each and every one on YOUR level.

C’mon.
I dare you. Keep it coming.
:thankyou:

There is no justification for murder, period. And just because you don’t want to call it murder, doesn’t mean that it isn’t. No one has said that the child shouldn’t be cared for. If carrying the babies was dangerous to the mother’s life, the Church allows for any procedure necessary to protect it. You are not the merciful one here.

Gary

I don’t intend to pick on you, I just want to throw this out there, for all of those folks who argue that what was done to those little twins wasn’t murder.

This is a baby at 4 months gestation:

How is ripping arms, legs, and head from this person not murder?

Anyone?

It has happened before. back in the mid 1970s, my mom x-rayed a girl who had a baby at 9. She had been raped by her brother (incest). The baby was healthy and the girl was removed from her home immediately. I’m sure that this has happened to more little girls than we would like to think. And puberty starts at different ages for different girls. Ovulation starts sometimes, months before the first period.

:confused: Threatened :confused: By a faceless typist on the internet :confused:

That IS funny. :smiley:

That happens quite a bit when someone is so insecure with their argument that they have to back out.

I do not agree that making that poor little child give birth to twins would have been the right thing to do. I doubt anyone here could make me change that opinion. YOU most certainly couldnt as the tone of your reply makes you sound emotionally unbalanced to be honest.

I’m rude? In THIS post, maybe…but I’m answering rudeness with assertion. Before…Not so much. That further proves that you’ve got nothing else to say.

Correct. Rude. And a bit hysterical if Im honest. And correct again, I do not agree that making this child give birth to twins would have been the correct thing to do. I have nothing further to add to that. It is WRONG, in my opinion.

I can accept that others have different viewpoints (though I wonder why you’re on a Catholic forum if you disagree. Troll maybe?) I’ve got plenty of friends with other religions, or none at all.
I could listen to your points all day and all night.
I’ll still be able to answer each and every one on YOUR level.

C’mon.
I dare you. Keep it coming.

:smiley:

Your bravado is, erm, really impressive. :rolleyes:

You might be able to listen to me all day and all night, I doubt I could listen to you. You’ll bring up all the tried and tested religous cliches. You’ll doubtless get in my mother the doctor says a few times as well. But none of that would ever change my mind that forcing any child to have children is the right thing to do. I simply do not agree.

As for your inane point about trolling, I tend to find that point slung out quite a bit on religous fora. If you have a different point of view, you must be a troll. :confused::rolleyes:

Truely Beloved, thank you for the pic. I’m happy to read and listen to others, and I think I pretty much have the catholic position on abortion down patt. I dont agree with it.

If she was my daughter, I would never allow her to have those babies, and I also know I would be in the slammer doing life for what I would have done to the guy that did it to her. And, unlike Belgarion, thats not internet bravado. I have a history.

Faceless?
I never hide my face

I do not agree that making that poor little child give birth to twins would have been the right thing to do. I doubt anyone here could make me change that opinion. YOU most certainly couldnt as the tone of your reply makes you sound emotionally unbalanced to be honest.

And you sound like an incredibly uneducated individual. Also, your very position is entirelly selfish. You wish to destroy two lives to simply save the young girl from carrying the babies…Wow…Her life wasn’t threatened, and even if it was, there are methods of at least attempting to save all three.
You seem to believe that children are a burden on a mother. Once again I wonder how grateful you are to your mother for her not believing the same as you.

Correct. Rude. And a bit hysterical if Im honest. And correct again, I do not agree that making this child give birth to twins would have been the correct thing to do. I have nothing further to add to that. It is WRONG, in my opinion.

Well, you opinion is countered by scientific fact.
That renders your views illogical. Even by your own standards.
Yes…I AM calling you a hypocrite.

:smiley:

Your bravado is, erm, really impressive. :rolleyes:

I agree. It is quite impressive.
But keep in mind that I’d do this in person, too.
And I’d love to see you try to win either way.

You might be able to listen to me all day and all night, I doubt I could listen to you. You’ll bring up all the tried and tested religous cliches. You’ll doubtless get in my mother the doctor says a few times as well. But none of that would ever change my mind that forcing any child to have children is the right thing to do. I simply do not agree.

You have no idea what you are getting yourself into here.
I don’t DO cliches,
I could deliver you an entire college paper (written by myself) that will not only support my argument HERE, but any argument you’d have against Catholicism.
So far, I’ve posted THAT argument many times on the internet (INcluding the Discovery Channel’s forum for “The Lost Tomb of Jesus”) and NO ONE, has been able to counter it.
They just resort to immature name-calling…which I’m guessing you’d do, too/

As for your inane point about trolling, I tend to find that point slung out quite a bit on religous fora. If you have a different point of view, you must be a troll. :confused::rolleyes:

In normal forums, yes. But for example, if you are a Washington Husky fan on a Husky Forum, and you visit the Oregon Duck forum to do nothing but criticize the ducks or keep pushing the point “I disagree!” (ya know, general distruption, calling people names…rolling eyes at the guy who’s mom has a medical degree when you don’t…) Its trolling

If she was my daughter, I would never allow her to have those babies, and I also know I would be in the slammer doing life for what I would have done to the guy that did it to her. And, unlike Belgarion, thats not internet bravado. I have a history.

Ha.
Well, I wouldn’t brag about that, dude.
I’d kick the guy’s butt, too. But
“I have a history!” :nunchuk:

:rotfl:

Anyways, to sum up my entire point:

Yes, I am elitist.
Yes, I am right
Yes, you are wrong.
No, I’m not bragging, I’m stating fact.
and finally…Yes, I invite you to keep trying.
I’m eager to drop my nuke of a paper.
:knight2:

I don’t know how rooted in science and medicine this is but there was an episode of “House” where a six-year-old girl had started menstuating because her father was using a hormone-based enhancement product and the hormones had spread through their household environment.

Gary

How woiuld you explain to your 8 year old that she faced death for carrying the babies to term or going under the knife for a cessarian? Assuming that twins in a 8 or 9 year old womb would have any chance at surviving at 7 months.

You can of course disagree with the family’s choice but you must at least be able to see their point of view.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.