Girl in prostitution-kid case found dead

This is awful and truly illustrates evil. This is just tragic. Praying for peace for that beautiful little girl and her father and the rest of her family that loved her. And may justice be served regarding those who were responsible for her abuse and death.

"Girl in prostitution-kid case found dead
N.C. mother accused of offering her 5-year-old for sexual services

SANFORD, N.C. - Searchers found the body of a missing 5-year-old off a road Monday, ending a weeklong search for the girl, whose mother was accused of offering her for sex, police said. "…

Entire article here: msnbc.msn.com/id/33945506/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts

Horrible. :frowning:

May her soul find peace, and may those who did this be brought to justice.

gasp

…more proof that god doesn’t care and or intervene or exist as we know it, more proof that not every person is special, has a purpose in life, a future, etc.

This only adds more fuel to my fire… and not the good Jesus-in-my-heart kind, more the sense that we’re terribly and utterly alone.

i have been following this case. i was so sad today to learn that they had found the body of this precious little girl. i don’t know folks, but this is happening all too often. doesn’t this ring alarm bells to our communities about how unsafe it is for our daughters. of course, there are adult women who go missing as well. this is the 3rd or 4th child to die in the past month i think at the hands of a murderer.
they showed a picture of the mother today and i guess she has been arrested. i think i heard one interview that she had recently been allowed to have her little girl move back in with her. the little girl had been living with her Dad. the Dad will have to live the rest of his life knowing that he let the little girl to live with her mom. didn’t he bother to check the boyfriends that the mother had? this is a very tragic story.

You’re not utterly alone. You have me. I’ve just said a prayer for you.

when i wrote this post, the body had not been positively identified, so i guess i should not be so certain it is her. i pray it is not, but they did find a body, so if it is not this little girl, it will be sad for another family. i guess the Dad was on a tv show this morning. i feel sorry for him. it seems he loved his little girl very much. probably tomorrow we will know who it is. little children should not have to die in this manner.

Perhaps you are unaware that if God exists then Satan must exist also?

I’m not convinced he does. I’m not quick to blame a fallen angel or something like that for this kind of stuff, a psychological issue would likely be more correct (and I’m not talking about demonic possession). The fact remains, God chose to not intervene in this tragedy (as He seldom ever does… or never does, we just like to associate Him with the fact that things could have been worse, but weren’t).

My two cents.

I see a lot of this sentiment regarding this case – people seem to think the world got way more dangerous, and it’s due to a lax legal system etc. I really don’t think that’s true. Unfortunately, I just think we hear about these things more nowawdays with 24/7 news and the internet.

A while ago, a black child disappearing from a trailer park probably wouldn’t have gotten nearly as much attention as it does today - those cases were probably largely ignored.

Little girls probably used to disappear all the time, but without Amber Alerts and sex offender registries, no one ever knew that they had been kidnapped, or what had happened to them. Plus, people did not encourage talk of abuse and were way more trusting of people because there was no Nancy Grace then. That’ how the priest scandal happened - people couldn’t imagine that would happen, and kids weren’t taught about what to do if they were abused like today. Many people were probably abused back then, and with no internet, less DSS involvement, etc., it was way easier to hide than today.

I really don’t buy into the idea that violent/disturbing crimes have suddenly run rampant - I just think it’s way easier to expose them on the news or internet and our legal system has actually strengthened so much that a bigger deal is made out of sex crimes etc.

I live just across the Columbia River from Portland, Oregon. I read that Portland has the biggest little girl-prostitute issue then any other in USA. 10-11 year olds and up. I remember Father Corapi telling a story of a batch of heroin being sold by a big time smuggler/seller who called on the evil one to cast evil on the product.
Evil is rampant. Evil is called good, choice, natural. Goodness is mocked and held up for ridacule.

There was a time people did not routinely lock their doors. That has nothing to do w/ 24/7 news or technology.

It wasn’t necessarily the mother’s boyfriend - she was prostituting her daughter.

[quote="HouseArrest, post:11, topic:176629"]
It wasn't necessarily the mother's boyfriend - she was prostituting her daughter.

[/quote]

yes, since i posted, the story has changed. we may still not have all of the facts.
i can't tell you how bad i feel now that they have identified the body as that of Shaniya.
such a short life. she had a very sweet smile and i can't erase the image of her in that man's arms while they are waiting for the elevator. she looked so trusting. she didn't look afraid. i can only imagine the horror she went through. her father must be in pure agony right now.

There are still people who don’t lock their doors - you just only hear about the ones who can’t after a news-making incident in the area. Just because they used to doesn’t mean the world was safer - they just thought it was. I always hear people on the news saying, “I never thought this could happen here - it’s a small town.” I don’t know why people say that - bad things can happen anywhere - you just don’t really take it into consideration until it actually does. I’m sure now you’ll see a lot more people in that area being careful with their kids, now that they’re aware this stuff happens. And probably higher incidences of it, because people will be looking more closely at situations and reporting more willingly knowing what could happen.

[quote="siamesecat, post:9, topic:176629"]
I see a lot of this sentiment regarding this case -- people seem to think the world got way more dangerous, and it's due to a lax legal system etc. I really don't think that's true. Unfortunately, I just think we hear about these things more nowawdays with 24/7 news and the internet.

A while ago, a black child disappearing from a trailer park probably wouldn't have gotten nearly as much attention as it does today - those cases were probably largely ignored.

Little girls probably used to disappear all the time, but without Amber Alerts and sex offender registries, no one ever knew that they had been kidnapped, or what had happened to them. Plus, people did not encourage talk of abuse and were way more trusting of people because there was no Nancy Grace then. That' how the priest scandal happened - people couldn't imagine that would happen, and kids weren't taught about what to do if they were abused like today. Many people were probably abused back then, and with no internet, less DSS involvement, etc., it was way easier to hide than today.

I really don't buy into the idea that violent/disturbing crimes have suddenly run rampant - I just think it's way easier to expose them on the news or internet and our legal system has actually strengthened so much that a bigger deal is made out of sex crimes etc.

[/quote]

i disagree. a lot of crimes are done today because of drugs or drug money and i believe that there are more drug addicts now and more violent criminals than there were 30 or 40 years ago. we have the internet now where people are able to look at graphic pictures that feed their sexual addictions. the games young people and adults play on their computers have warnings and are very graphic. the world today is by far different than it was 30 or 40 years ago. i don't think that there were this many crimes against children 30 years ago. i am not saying there were none, but i would say that the crimes against women and children is growing.

Not only here in the US, but look around the world. Many women are routinely kidnapped and sold into sexual slavery, there is a whole industry devoted to tourism for sex with children. Sorry - this didn’t happen generations ago. Not on this scale.

Anyways - this was all prophesized years ago in Humanae Vitae.

I'll agree with you that drugs are more of a problem, but I don't think graphic pictures of children cause people to be sex offenders, but people who are already sex offenders work hard to access illegal pictures. I actually think child sex abuse is probably down because we look for it so much more now to try and prevent it. There used to be those orphan trains where huge amounts of kids were left off with strange men, with no DSS to go look after them like kids now in foster care. And that Angelina Jolie movie "Changeling" - the guy who took her son kidnapped and murdered hundreds of kids, and even facing the death penalty (he was executed.) People are too suspicious to not notice men roaming around the country raping and killing hundreds nowadays. I'm sure certain problems are more virulent today, but with globalization and advocacy, I think crimes against women and children worldwide are hugely down, just way more attention is focused on them. Sexual and domestic abuse are no longer hush-hush topics that are forgotten if the perpetrator is a preacher or a popular coach, or accepted as just part of someone's religion.

[quote="MJE, post:10, topic:176629"]
I live just across the Columbia River from Portland, Oregon. I read that Portland has the biggest little girl-prostitute issue then any other in USA. 10-11 year olds and up. I remember Father Corapi telling a story of a batch of heroin being sold by a big time smuggler/seller who called on the evil one to cast evil on the product.

Evil is rampant. Evil is called good, choice, natural. Goodness is mocked and held up for ridacule.

There was a time people did not routinely lock their doors. That has nothing to do w/ 24/7 news or technology.

[/quote]

Evil is everywhere....remember the sex abuse scandal in the Church? there are creeps in every walk of life and they're not all drug dealers. they're in families, churches, schools, everywhere. a victim's advocate told me that it's the 'person you least suspect'....and it's a huge problemin Latin cultures. almost considered 'normal' there.

The good news about all of this, is there are humane people in this world

sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4691565

FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. – Basketball star Shaquille O’Neal paid for the funeral of a 5-year-old North Carolina girl after being moved by national news coverage of the case of Shaniya Davis, who police say was kidnapped and killed.

[quote="Montalo, post:18, topic:176629"]
The good news about all of this, is there are humane people in this world

sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4691565

[/quote]

that is touching. there are good people out there.

You obviously know who God would be then, if only he existed.

Jesus’ response to you would be to be the hands and heart of God in this world of vile evil, ruled as it is by the dark forces of Satan.

Does God exist then?

He may. It is entirely up to you and me, and all of us.

Be good. Fight evil, that God may become the ruler of this Satanic kingdom too. God became man so that we may become God.
Ergo, if God does not exist, become God so that he may exist.

If you love good and hate evil, then follow his commandments then. Follow Jesus to the cross even. Dedicate your life to the point of complete sacrifice to the cause of fighting such evil.

Really, it is the only way. Otherwise, it is, as you say, truly hopeless.

As long as evil exists in this world, then good people have but one purpose.
Fight evil. Eradicate evil and fill the void with good, lest the void become filled with seven demons where only one once existed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.