Girlfriend broke up 3 months before wedding

My son’s girlfriend broke up with him three months before the wedding.
She said she loved him, but didn’t think it was going to work.

They’ve been together for 4 years. Of course he’s in love, and he hurts terribly.
I really respect her for using discernment, but the momma in me is hurting for my boy.

He was looking forward to a lifetime of love, children, and a good wife.

Don’t know how to help, other than ask you to pray for him.

Thank you!

Praying for God’s will to be for him.

Praying for your son.*…
*+

*O most beautiful Flower of Mount Carmel, Fruitful Vine, Splendor of Heaven, who brought forth the Son of God still remaining a Virgin, assist us in this necessity. O Star of the Sea, help us, and show us that you are our Mother.

O Holy Mary, Mother of God, Queen of Heaven and earth, we humbly ask you from the depths of our heart to help us in this necessity. There are none who can withstand your power. O show us that you are our Mother.

O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee. Sweet Mother, we place this cause in your hands. Amen.*

Praying for the poor guy, who suffered of an unjust treatment. :gopray2:

Dear Lord Jesus,

Be his comfort and peace; help him to get over this disappointment.

Praying for them both. May God bring a greater good out of this!

Praying.

[INDENT] “Lo, I am about to create new heavens and a new earth; The things of the past shall not be remembered or come to mind. Instead there shall always be rejoicing and happiness in what I create. No longer shall the sound of weeping be heard there, or the sound of crying.” – Isaiah 65:17-19

[/INDENT]

Prayers.

And if the occasion arises, gently share with him that 3 months before is better than 3 months after. Had to share that with one of my own.

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Prayer to Our Lady of Mental Peace

O Lady of Mental Peace,
Mother of Tranquility
and Mother of Hope,
look upon marlap2’s Son in this time
of weakness and unrest.

Teach her searching heart
to know that God’s Love
for her is unchanging and
unchangeable, and, that
true human love can only
begin and grow by touching
His Love.

Let your gentle Peace -
which this world cannot give

• be always with her.
    And, help her to bring this
    same Peace into the lives
    of others.

Our Lady of Mental Peace,

• Pray for us!
    Amen.

Jesus, Help Me!

In every need let me come to You with humble trust,
saying:
Jesus, help me!
In all my doubts, perplexities, and temptations:
Jesus, help me!
In hours of loneliness, weariness and trials:
Jesus, help me!
In the failure of my plans and hopes, in disappointments,
troubles and sorrows:
Jesus, help me!
When others fail me, and Your Grace alone can assist me:
Jesus, help me!
When I throw myself on Your tender Love as Savior:
Jesus, help me!
When my heart is cast down by failure, at seeing no good
come from my efforts:
Jesus, help me!
When I feel impatient, and my cross irritates me:
Jesus, help me!
When I am ill, and my head and hands cannot work and
I am lonely:
Jesus, help me!

Always, always, in spite of weakness, falls and short-
comings of every kind:
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, help me and never forsake me!

Amen

Prayer for a Miracle

God of all creation, you who spoke a simple command and brought forth light from
the darkness, I ask you now to send forth your miracle-working power to heal marlap2’s Son. You cleansed the lepers, opened the eyes of the blind and by
speaking a simple command, you empowered the crippled to rise up and walk.
You sent forth your life-giving power to all those in need, including those you raised from
the dead. I ask you to send forth your healing power into marlap2’s Son’s body and give him the strength to fight his illness. I ask this through my Lord, Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen

Offering prayers for your son.

I was with a wonderful girl for over 4 months. We weren’t engaged but our dreams was to get married. Due to our religious differences we couldn’t make it work.

I don’t regret the time that I spent with her. My heart was broke for over a year. The last 4 months I feel so at peace, I went on a date a week ago after 7 months, but let me tell you, time does heal.

My family, great friends, time, prayer and God helped. It takes time don’t get me wrong, but he will get better.

Oh my…yes I will pray! My heart grieves for you and your son. As a mother it is sooooo hard seeing our children hurting!!! (no matter how old they get) May our Blessed Mother give you comfort as a mother of sorrows. I will pray that our Lord uses this pain for good as ONLY HE can! Keep him in your prayers daily as the prayers of a good mother are never in avail…they are powerful. Keep close to Jeus in the Sacraments and go before Him in Adoration for your son…also EXTREMELY POWERFUL…I love Padre Pio’s quote you have and often read it over for myself as a mother…:slight_smile:
In His love,
mlz

This is just heartbreaking. I will pray for your son. I am sure he is hurting terribly right now. I am sure the coming three months up to the day of the wedding will be difficult to live through. Prayers for you all.

I saw this title I just needed to pray
I will pray for your son and her
But I will also pray for you and how tough this must be on you too
I pray that God helps you son find the strength to carry on through his heartbreak
I pray that God can help you find ways to help your boy

It was tearing at my heart to read this and I can’t imagine the heartbreak
I pray Jesus can carry you son when he cannot walk
God be with you

Praying for God to comfort and strengthen all of you.

Praying for them both.

A prayer for a broken heart

O Lord

There is nothing but hurt left.
I feel so broken, my heart is torn apart.

All I can do is wait.
Wait in this desolate place,
And trust that somehow you can meet me.

I feel too weak to go on.
I am like a shell, living, breathing, yet so empty.

All I can do is give up.
Give up in this heartbroken time,
And believe that somehow you can restore me.

I find the sadness overwhelming,
Like wave upon wave of emptiness

All I can do is rest.
Rest within your suffering and hope that through you -
Your love, your forgiveness and your strength -
I will wake to a new day
A new dawn for my heart and my life.
Amen.

Prayers continuing for your son.*…
*+

*O most beautiful Flower of Mount Carmel, Fruitful Vine, Splendor of Heaven, who brought forth the Son of God still remaining a Virgin, assist us in this necessity. O Star of the Sea, help us, and show us that you are our Mother.

O Holy Mary, Mother of God, Queen of Heaven and earth, we humbly ask you from the depths of our heart to help us in this necessity. There are none who can withstand your power. O show us that you are our Mother.

O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee. Sweet Mother, we place this cause in your hands. Amen.*

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.