GIRM confusion

As I read Redemptionis Sacramentum and the GIRM I find some things in our Parishes that are not in line with these texts. When I inquire about them I hear that we have special indults and adaptaions for these things.

Example #119 in R.S. The Priest, Acolye or Deacon are supposed to purify the vessels right after communion…

I hear that in the USA we have an adaptation that says the Bishop can change this to be a lay person.

How are we supposed tohelp to ensure that the Most Holy Mass is being protected according the GIRM and these other documents if we don’t know what the Bishops can change and what they can’t? How do we get this information?

:confused:

Online up-to-date information on liturgical law:

Adoremus
adoremus.org/

St. Joseph Foundation:
st-joseph-foundation.org/

Our Lady’s Warriors:
ourladyswarriors.org/

Liturgical Library:
catholicliturgy.com/

Q&A on liturgical norms:
ewtn.com/library/Liturgy/LITURIND.HTM

Books:

*Mass Confusion * by Jimmy Akin
shop.catholic.com/cgi-local/SoftCart.exe/online-store/scstore/p-CB253.html?E+scstore

Mass Appeal: The ABC’s of Worship by Jimmy Akin
shop.catholic.com/cgi-local/SoftCart.exe/online-store/scstore/p-CB268.html?E+scstore

*Ceremonies of the Modern Rite * by Msgr. Peter Elliot
shop.catholic.com/cgi-local/SoftCart.exe/online-store/scstore/p-B0216.html?E+scstore

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.