Give something up for Advent

This will be my first time celebrating Advent, so I would like to resolve to give something up for His coming. Will you join me?

I am going to fall asleep with my rosary instead of with the TV. :tiphat:

[quote="JaredR, post:1, topic:177810"]
This will be my first time celebrating Advent, so I would like to resolve to give something up for His coming. Will you join me?

I am going to fall asleep with my rosary instead of with the TV. :tiphat:

[/quote]

That's an excellent idea.

I haven't decided how I'm going to "fast" this Advent.

Maybe I'll just fast.
I should get up early and pray before eating breakfast and going to work. But I've been working on that for a month or more already. (Not much luck I'm afraid.:eek:)

If. No, WHEN I decide what to do, I'll post. (I don't have much time now, do I?) I think I'll treat it similar to Lent in that I won't "fast" on Sundays. But I won't listen to Christmas music or indulge in Christmas baking until the 25th.

Good idea. Thanks for posting. :slight_smile:

[quote="The_Reginator, post:2, topic:177810"]
WHEN I decide what to do, I'll post. .

[/quote]

You're not alone:
My decision has been made.
I'll go to bed earlier (15- 20 minutes) and set my alarms earlier to pray in the morning this Advent. In effect what I'll be giving up is a bit of TV or, more likely, some time on 'Catholic Answers'.

closed #5

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.