Give thanks to the LORD (Psalm 105:1)

Thank you , Father , for the prayers of Michel Quoist , especially for his ‘Thank you Lord, thank you’ prayer .

‘Thank you Lord, thank you’

Thank you Lord, thank you.

Thank you for all the gifts that you have given me today,
Thank you for all I have seen, heard, received.

Thank you for the water that woke me up, the soap that smells good, the toothpaste that refreshes.
Thank you for the clothes that protect me, for their colour and their cut.
Thank you for the newspaper so faithfully there, for the comics (my
morning smile), for the report of useful meetings, for justice done and for big games won.
Thank you for the street-cleaning truck and the men who run it, for their morning shouts and all the early noises.
Thank you for my work, my tools, my efforts.
Thank you for the metal in my hands, for the whine of the steel biting into it, for the satisfied look of the supervisor and the load of finished pieces.
Thank you for Jim who lent me his file, for Danny who gave me a cigarette, for Charlie who held the door for me.
Thank you for the welcoming street that led me there, for the shop windows, for the cars, for the passers-by, for all the life that flowed swiftly between the windowed walls of the houses.

Thank you for the food that sustained me, for the glass of beer that refreshed me.
Thank you for the car that meekly took me where I wanted to be, for the gas that made it go, for the wind that caressed my face and for the trees that nodded to me on the way.

Thank you for the boy I watched playing on the sidewalk opposite.
Thank you for his roller-skates and for his comical face when he fell.
Thank you for the morning greetings I received, and for all the smiles.
Thank you for the mother who welcomes me at home, for her tactful affection, for her silent presence.
Thank you for the roof that shelters me, for the lamp that lights me, for the radio that plays, for the news, for music and singing.
Thank you for the bunch of flowers, so pretty on my table.

Thank you for the tranquil night.
Thank you for the stars.
Thank you for the silence.

Thank you for the time you have given me.
Thank you for life.
Thank you for grace.

Thank you for being there, Lord.
Thank you for listening to me, for taking me seriously, for gathering my gifts in your hands to offer them to your Father.
Thank you, Lord.
Thank you.

So many things to thank God for every single day, if only we notice. Too often we are concerned only with what is lacking in our lives, and not about all that God has given and continues to give us each day.

Thank you for sharing that, Rob. :slightly_smiling_face:

All glory and praise to you Father .

What a wonderful Father you are .

How you love us !

What a wonderful gift you have given us in giving the beloved mother of your beloved Son to be our Mother .

What a Mother you have given us !

All glory and praise to you Father for creating such a marvel to be your Son’s mother . How marvellous that she is also our spiritual mother.

Hallowed be Your name .

Magnificat anima mea Dominum .

Mother , our Mother , keep us praising .

Psalm 100:4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving,and his courts with praise.Give thanks to him, bless his name.

Jim Reeves

"We Thank Thee"

We thank Thee each morning for a newborn day
Where we may work the fields of new mown hay
We thank Thee for the sunshine
And the air that we breathe
Oh Lord we thank Thee

We thank Thee for the rivers that run all day
We thank Thee for the little birds that sing along the way
We thank Thee for the trees
And the deep blue sea
Oh Lord we thank Thee

Oh yes we thank Thee Lord
For every flower that blooms
Birds that sing, fish that swim
And the light of the moon

We thank Thee every day
As we kneel and pray
That we were born with eyes
To see these things

We thank Thee for the fields
Where the clovers grow
We thank Thee for the pastures
Where the cattle may roam
We thank Thee for Thy love so pure and free
Oh Lord we thank Thee

Oh yes we thank Thee Lord
For every flower that blooms
Birds that sing, fish that swim
And the light of the moon

We thank Thee every day
As we kneel and pray
That we were born with eyes
To see these things

We thank Thee for the fields
Where the clovers grow
We thank Thee for the pastures
Where the cattle may roam
We thank Thee for Thy love so pure and so free
Oh Lord we thank Thee

Thank you , Father , for Eileen who gave me a lift to the shops , She is always jolly and chatty .

Thank you , Father , for the gift of my loving Mother , Mary .

Thank you Father for Rob2 who keeps posting uplifting posts!

Sincere :pray:

Thank you , Father , for another weekend when hopefully the workers will have some time for recreation .

Thank you , Father , for another Lord’s Day when we worship you in spirit and in truth .

Thank you , Father , for the gift of St Francis Xavier .

Thank for the Novena of Grace in Honour of St Francis Xavier .

Thank you for the many years I have been given to pray that Novena of Grace with its main intention that we live and die in a state of grace .

Through the intercession of St Francis Xavier may I live and die in a state of grace .

St. Francis Xavier, pray for our friend Rob! We thank you Lord for his positive posts!

What a great Saint ! :slight_smile:
Thank you Rob for posting.
Thank you God for such a good carefree day .

Thank you Father for the postman, who at this time of the year brings us precious messages of joy and love from our families and friends.

Thank you , Father , for your love which is unconditional .

On behalf of all workers

Thank you , Father , for your gift of the Act of Consecration to Jesus Through Mary .

Thank you , Father , for another Lord’s Day .

Thank you , Father , for people who serve us but whom we may take for granted , the postman , the shopkeeper working unsocial hours , those working at the power station to provide us with electricity , those who are working to provide what is needed so that I can post this , those nuns shut away and praying for us , the dustbin men , those who have baked the bread I eat , those who keep the buses running , dairy farmers who provide us with milk , cheese , butter and lots of other things .

Thank you Lord, for the details you provided to or for humans when you created us. For beautiful colors, wonderful smells and tastes. For music and the sounds of nature. For all that you have created that fills our hearts with joy in small ways that we sometimes take for granted each day.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.